Artisan is building a revolutionary platform for editing mammalian cells for therapeutic applications. We are seeking talented candidates to work on cutting-edge interdisciplinary projects involving mammalian synthetic biology in the area of immune cell engineering. This Senior Scientist will join the inaugural US team at Artisan Development Labs in Denver, Colorado and will act as a lead on commercial-facing therapeutic projects.
Responsibilities and tasks:
The candidates will focus on leading development of next-generation genome engineering and/or synthetic biology technologies for complex engineering of mammalian cell lines. The candidate will be responsible for executing on complex, multi-disciplinary laboratory projects involving a variety of techniques encompassing, for example: mammalian cell culture, high-efficiency and high-throughput transfection, standard molecular biology techniques such as design and assembly of synthetic DNA constructs, CRISPR gene editing, discovery approaches including large-scale library design and high throughput/multiplex cloning, FACS, next-generation sequencing including library preparation, and basic bioinformatic analysis.
Specific tasks will include:
- Lead and mentor a team of synthetic biology scientists
- Develop innovative research plans
- Design, implement, and execute critical experiments associated with a research plan according to timelines and budget
- Develop standards and processes for experimental protocols (SOPs) and data packages
- Analyze and organize large data sets to draw meaningful conclusions; present data packages to external parners as needed
- Develop and support the submission of patents and other intellectual property
- Publish and present at professional meetings as appropriate
- Excellence in independent problem solving
- Have deep laboratory experience with synthetic biology and genome editing-engineering technologies in mammalian cells
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability in quality data presentations.
- Have experience with omics data analysis and familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python) for working with large data sets
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and experience with others
- Ability to lead multiple projects and support collaborations
Required Educational Background and Work Experience:
- PhD degree or similar in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or bioengineering or equivalent as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc
- 5-8 years of hands-on (wet lab) experience with assay development, validation, troubleshooting, and data analysis & reporting
Artisan offers a competitive base salary, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Come join Artisan, currently housed in the Fitzsimmons Innovation Center.