This position will report directly to the director of R&D. This position is primarily a lab based position and will assist R&D in developing and validating NGS assays (or other molecular assays) for targeted cancer therapy to prepare new applications for CAP, CLIA, NCI-Match, NYS, FDA submissions. The person will also be responsible for develop/performing custom services or validation/troubleshooting of assays required for preliminary for prospective clinical trials.
- Perform general molecular bench work related to DNA and RNA genomic experiments such as microarray, next generation sequencing, high throughout PCR, sanger sequencing, RNA profiling.
- Conduct general molecular biology experiments such as tissue and cell culture, RNA/DNA isolation, cDNA/cRNA synthesis, PCT,RT-PCR, ligation, sonication, etc..;
- Order and maintain laboratory inventory including reagents, solutions, etc.; (4) operate instruments for example for automation e.g. Hamilton/Tecan instrument platforms i.e. NGS platforms (Illumina, Ion Torrent, Nanopore, etc), QC instruments for example Fragment Analyzer, Agilent, qubit, nanodrop; extraction instruments (QiaCube).
- Conduct basic extraction and QC analysis.
- Participate in different research projects/activities involving internal study and prepare figures and tables for publication, applications, and validations if needed.
- Carry out the daily NGS activities, prioritize and organize tasks, be detail minded, and be an effective communicator, both verbally and in writing with all personnel.
- Masters Degree Required. Ph.D preferred with direct experience.
- 2+ years of direct experience with a Masters Degree or Ph.D. 1+ years of direct experience.
- Experience making NGS Sequencing libraries (e.g. RNA, targeted, exome, WGS, etc.)
- Established scientific/technical writing and presentation skills; publication/manuscript/CAP/CLIA/NYS validation, NIH grant experience greatly preferred.
- Working knowledge of common genomic terminology (exome, targeted RNA/DNA panels, gene structure), databases (UCSC/EBI/NIH), genome versions, and tools used in genomics (e.g. dbSNP, COSMIC, ClinVar, UCSC genome browser, Galaxy, IGV)
- Preferred experience background in genetic/genomic testing especially cancer or somatic testing. (e.g. Targeted high depth panels)
- Analysis experience of genomic datasets (RNAseq profiling, somatic analysis, bioinformatics QC of libraries), use of common bioinformatics tools (TopHat, BWA, GATK, etc)