Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Fully competent in one or more scientific/technical areas. Plans and conducts scientific assignments requiring mastery of specialized techniques.
- Applies scientific method and experimental design in problem solving.
- Uses scientific expertise to provide solutions to a broad range of difficult problems.
- Solutions are original, thorough and practical.
- Frequently communicates progress status to supervisor.
- Performs complicated or demanding assignments requiring specialized knowledge.
- May offer solutions that are creative and/or inventive.
- Defines short and mid-term objectives and implements plan to accomplish objectives.
- May direct the work of other personnel.
- Maintains accurate, precise, and legible laboratory notebooks.
- Frequently communicates status updates across the organization.
- Maintains good documentation.
- Writes reports and technical summaries.
- May represent company to outside organizations.
- Continually broadens professional expertise through comprehensive knowledge of scientific literature and competitive products.
- Handles broad assignments and objectives under minimum supervision.
- Accomplishes short-term objectives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Budget managed (if applicable): N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships:
- To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform all duties and responsibilities at the Scientist II level
- Functional/technical skills
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Duties require broad use and application of scientific principles, theories and concepts in field of expertise. This may be acquired through completion of a Ph.D. degree in a scientific discipline, or equivalent.
- Professional experience is preferred.
International Mobility: Required: no
- <5% of time
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialities of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.