- Leading development work for and applying technical knowledge of projects in order to develop robust purification processes that scale effectively to GMP manufacturing as needed
- The position will support the development of purification processes for a wide variety of molecules and modalities.
- Designing, executing and interpreting internal and external client experimental plans including DOE; Troubleshooting experiments
- Use of statistical tools for data mining and DoE analyses
- Lead process development and pilot scale projects including regular updates to partners, data management, investigations, technical report writing
- Guiding Associate Scientists with troubleshooting and experimental design
- Acting as project lead, including preparing and presenting data to clients informally and formally
- Maintaining necessary documentation in a lab notebook; Authoring and reviewing technical reports
- Supporting process transfer into manufacturing by providing written and oral communication of the process
- Training of manufacturing associates; Review and approval of documentation, and on-floor support
- Strong understanding of proteins biochemistry
- Bachelor’s degree in a science field (Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Microbiology or Chemical Engineering preferred) and 7 - 9 years of direct relevant experience in a biopharmaceutical envionment
- Master’s degree in science field (Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry , Cell Biology, Microbiology or Chemical Engineering preferred and 4 - 6 years of direct relevant experience in a biopharmaceutical environment
- PhD in science (Biochemistry or Biomedical Engineering preferred) plus 0 - 4 years relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures and operations gained through work experience
- Knowledge and experience with current approaches to purification of biologics including monoclonal antibodies
- Excellent written, oral and organizational skills
- Must be results-oriented with a hands-on attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Diverse, inclusive culture
- Competitive salary with quarterly bonus potential
- Educational assistance/reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
- Excellent on-site cafeteria
- Robust Employee Referral Program
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career!
Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.