More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We're looking for aSenior Security Engineerto join our growing team. You will be an integral part of Granular's success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform agriculture!
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Partner with engineers to define, implement, and monitor security solutions
- Develop tooling and utilize third party tools to monitor and secure our cloud infrastructure and application environments
- Collaborate daily with fellow team members in Cloud Engineering to drive best practices and identify innovative solutions
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to develop security capabilities in support of automated engineering processes
- Ability to integrate security practices and controls into code deployment processes for infrastructure and application deployment
- Experience with automating security controls and remediation processes
- Ability to build and maintain security infrastructure using infrastructure as code methods and automated processes
- Implementation of security controls with focus on Cloud Environment and Cloud Applications
- Drive security initiatives by addressing current security concerns into the existing development workflow
- Experience working with engineers to share and implement security best practices
- Experience designing and building tooling and infrastructure for cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCE or similar).
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Expertise in Python or any other compiled language e.g. Go
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Salt, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to implement robust, effective, and high quality solutions
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience automating manual or time consuming processes
- Experience orchestrating build/deployment of complex, distributed applications is preferred
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and methodology is preferred
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products includingGranular Business,Granular Agronomy,AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA. Learn more about our company and peoplehere!