Our work matters. We help people get the medicine they need to feel better and live well. We do not lose sight of that. It fuels our passion and drives every decision we make.Job Posting Title
Senior Security EngineerJob Description
The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, configuration, support and oversight of Information Security tools and controls that enable the organization to detect and prevent computer security and cyber threats. This position is responsible for working with cross-functional teams to ensure that controls are properly designed, implemented, configured, and performing as intended in support of company security policy, applicable security patterns and industry regulations. This position is also responsible for serving as a subject matter expert (SME) on one or more types of technical security controls and provides guidance to security team members, as well as other areas of IT, on the proper application and support of those controls.
- Help define on-going security control strategy (strategic & tactical)
Research, implement, configure and maintain cloud specific security controls in AWS, Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Define configuration standards and processes for security controls and technology; ensure documentation is updated as needed and at least once annually
Integrate 3rd party and native security toolsets and technologies into cloud solutions to protect sensitive data.
- Develop and maintain security control metrics and reporting
- Provide security consulting to internal project teams and departments regarding security standards and requirements
- Evaluate various software, hardware, or other technologies for possible application to enhance security of Prime’s systems and data
- Drive process and tool efficiencies, enabling security team members to work on more advanced tasks
- May provide mentoring and coaching to team members on security control technology and best practices in areas where role serves as a SME
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, computer science or related area of study, or equivalent combination of education and/or relevant work experience; High School diploma or GED is required
- 5 years of work experience in the Information Security field, -OR- 3 years of work experience in Security Engineering, Identity Management or CyberSecurity, and 2 years of Information Technology work experience in Server Engineering, Networking, Architecture or Application Development
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for work visa or residency sponsorship
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with scripting or programming languages
- Ability to interpret and produce technical documentation such as diagrams, configuration parameters, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and expert multi-tasking skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- Experience designing and deploying various security controls
Experience managing enterprise scale security controls that leverage Cloud technology.
- Current industry recognized security certification (CISSP, GIAC, CRISC, etc.)
- 5 years of work experience in Information Security
- Experience working in environment with regulatory compliance requirements (HIPAA, PCI, etc.)
- Current experience with common types of security controls
- Experience with security configuration and administration on a variety of types of networks, operating systems, and applications
Minimum Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including working on-call 24x7 as required
- Constantly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Reports to a Manager in the Information Technology department
Prime Therapeutics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled, and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.