https://app.jobvite.com//Logo/2628_GPSLogo180x110BLUE_1473358962350_Company.jpg" alt="No Image" />
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to add a Senior Security Engineer to our Security Engineering Team. The optimal candidate will be a senior-level engineer with extensive security experience and strong routing/switching skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibilities include performing project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of data/security solutions
- Working with the engineering team to successfully implement secure network solutions
- Security configuration and deployment in medium to very large environments
- Provide security engineering consulting services, including assessment, design and implementation of data and secure networking environments
- Assist clients through planning, design and implementation of secure data communications environments
- Develop comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation and effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance
- Performs assessments of client environments and develops detailed documentation including deliverable reports and summary presentations based on industry and vendor best practices
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with security design, implementation and support with at least four (4) or more of the following in order of priority:
- Firewalls/VPNs (Palo Alto is a must. Cisco ASA/Firepower and Fortinet a plus) o IDS/IPS solutions (Palo Alto is a must. Cisco ASA/Firepower, Fortinet, FireEye a plus)
- Malware Prevention (Palo Alto is a must. Cisco ASA/Firepower, Fortinet, FireEye a plus) o Solid understanding of routing and switching architectures (CCNA level knowledge a must, CCNP+ preferred)
- Cloud Edge Security including Transit Architectures (Palo VM in AWS, Azure, GCP a huge plus)
- Cloud Visibility and Core Security Solutions (Palo RedLock(Prisma Cloud), Redseal, Dome9 a plus) o Container and Serverless Security Solutions (Aqua, Twistlock, Pursec, Lacework a plus)
- Endpoint Security: Next Gen AV (Palo Traps, Crowdstrike, Sentinel One, Cisco AMP a plus)
- On premise Virtual Infrastructures (VMware ESXi/NSX, Microsoft HyperV, KVM a plus)
- Software Defined Networking (Cisco ACI and/or VMware NSX a plus)
- Load balancing/Acceleration solutions (F5 is a plus)
- Content Security (Prisma, GPCS, Apperture a plus)
- Network Access Control and Authentication systems – (Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Aruba ClearPass, ForeScout a plus)
- Data Security Solutions (Imperva, Varonis a plus)
Security and Network Monitoring and Management Tools (SolarWinds, Infoblox, LiveAction a plus)
- Vulnerability and Pen Testing Solutions(Tenable, Rapid 7, Qualys a plus)
- Identity and Access Management Solution Exposure (Thycotic, CyberArk a plus)
- 8+ years of networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting complex security environments
- BS in CS or EE and/or 8-10 years related experience with specific focus on Next Generation Firewall design and implementation over the past 5 or more years
- Palo Alto PCNSE 8+ Strongly Desired. ACE/PCNSE 6/7 Considered
- Industry security certification such as CISSP & CEH - Desired
- CCNA Preferred. CCNP/CCIE Security and/or R&S a plus
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 300 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.