Position: Sr. Security Researcher
Location: Remote Work Location
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 4,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
- Identify, analyze, and track emerging threats by reverse engineering advanced malware threats and building automated systems to extract threat intelligence for detection and prevention.
- Articulate findings through technical reports, blogs, media interviews and speaking engagements with strong writing/speaking skills and be comfortable presenting findings to both internal and external audiences.
- Leverage Zscaler’s existing data mining tools as well as our cloud based infrastructure to protect our customers.
- Exercise strong technical knowledge of malware-based threats, and live to identify the next attack vector, no matter how deep it’s hidden.
- Required 5+ years in static and dynamic analysis malware code reverse engineering.
- Expert knowledge of debuggers (OllyDbg, WinDbg, or x64dbg) and disassemblers/decompilers (IDA Pro or Ghidra).
- Proficient in unpacking malware, string and code obfuscation, encryption, and compression algorithms.
- Experience building automated tools to extract malware configuration information.
- Profound understanding of network protocols and web application security.
- Familiar with the development of IDS/IPS (e.g., Snort and Suricata) signatures and Yara rules.
- Strong scripting skills in languages such as Ruby, Python, or Perl.
- Professional english writing skills and experience in drafting blogs, technical reports, etc.
- Proven track record of innovative ideas and an ability to implement them.
- Experience with threats to mobile devices, vulnerabilities, and binary exploitation.
- Publication of past research and/or speaking engagements.
- Data mining experience with large security data sets such as IDS, IPS and firewall logs.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree from four-year college or university (preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline), or equivalent security industry work experience.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.