ECS is seeking a Senior Server Engineer to work in our Rosslyn, VA office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the agency's server infrastructure.
- Coordinates all maintenance activities including testing and scheduling for maintenance weekends including ensuring that all change records have been approved prior to maintenance events.
- Assures implementation by working with staff on the goals and objectives of agency-wide programs, implements established goals and objectives, assesses measures that evaluate performance, and makes recommendations for program improvement.
- Develops mitigation strategies when vulnerabilities cannot be remediated, coordinates with IT security for review and acts on any directed changes.
- Manages various hardware infrastructure supporting all domain services, server and end point applications.
- Responsible for upgrading and managing all domain services and works with various system owner to coordinate systems upgrades, system backups as well at hardware refreshes.
- Develops and submits change requests and tracks to completion for software upgrades and patches.
- Develops technical architecture documentation that details procedures for installation, maintenance, security, configuration, and disaster recovery.
- Responds to events and incidents with possible security architecture or negative user experience impacts; takes necessary corrective actions promptly
- Plans, organizes, and conducts research on complex infrastructure and client support issues that involve major areas of uncertainty in approach, methodology, or interpretation to identify appropriate solutions.
- Identifies and resolves unique issues where no policy exists, recommending innovative actions to address new needs and/or issues.
- Recommends enterprise upgrades, changes, or enhancements.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields
- 10+ years of specialized IT experience in Windows-focused administration to include Active Directory services and file / print services
- Microsoft certification
- VMWare certification
- Extensive knowledge administering and managing Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2, 2016 and 2019, some Linux experience preferred
- Experience with various enterprise hardware, servers, and SAN solutions to support a virtualized private cloud infrastructure
- Deploying and updating VMWare ESX environments, managing storage, networking and other resources within vCenter
- Expert working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, and Group Policy to manage enterprise environment; able to architect and deploy Active Directory DC design, schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures
- Direct experience with Microsoft products such as: Data Protection Manager (DPM), Azure backup System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Implement backup and data retention strategies in accordance with Office of Investigations (OI) and Office of General Counsel (OGC) guidance and policy as well as develop, plan, and execute disaster recovery exercises
- Experience with PowerShell and other scripting tools
- Perform proactive monitoring of system logs, services, daemons, scripts, and applications on server systems a d storage arrays for internal and customer-facing applications
- Secure server systems, storage arrays, forensic workstations, and network infrastructure according to OIG policy and practices
- Handle and maintain confidential, sensitive, and/or law enforcement investigative information and follow non-disclosure requirements
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and a consistent record of on-time delivery and customer service to include project planning, budgeting, scheduling, resource management, effective time management, documentation, and organization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to express and present ideas clearly and concisely
- Able to work off-hours and weekends as needed for maintenance, upgrades, installations, etc.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.