Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding inmultiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think.Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the healthcare industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us andstart doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior DevOps Engineer isresponsible for maturing the DevOps mindset within the agile teams usingtechniques such as Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration,and Continuous Delivery to provide quality products with seamless integrationacross Development, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Operations, and ReleaseManagement roles.
The successful candidate will be aservant leader who develops and supports a learning organization model throughcoaching, training, and mentorship. The successful candidate will be one thatcan adapt as necessary for unintended consequences of this change initiativeand one that understands the value of commitments to delivery made by adevelopment team.
Candidates will work in a DevOpsteam environment and are expected to work on both tactical and strategicassignments.
- Develop software that meets user story acceptance criteria
- Innovate for user experience
- Thoughtfully apply automation to improve user efficiency
- Support business partners in development and maintenance of system
- Support production users through monitoring and working incident tickets
- Attend daily standups to keep others informed of your progress and to collaborate with fellow team members
- Solves complex problems and is able to translate high level concepts into scalable technical solutions
- Act as a technical resource and mentor to less experienced developers
- Ensure system is securely developed for reusability and resiliency
- Ensure code and configuration support enterprise scalability
- Collaborate with architects and engineers to execute system integration's
- Review API documentation to understand how to develop integration's with given API’s or systems
You’ll be rewarded and recognizedfor your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give youclear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as providedevelopment for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of IT experience on web-based products (2-3 years in ServiceNow)
- 4+ years of experience with Agile with an objected oriented programming language (i.e. Java or .NET)
- 3+ years of experience working on large scale, multiple team projects
- 3+ years of experience with Agile methodologies and Test-Driven Development
- Bachelor’s degree
- ServiceNow (CSM experience)
- Kafka streaming experience
- Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transformthe health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it'shappening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never beensolved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securelywherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easilybe put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lowercosts for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together tomake positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's bestwork.(sm)
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal EmploymentOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or anyother characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealthGroup is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug testbefore beginning employment.