We’re SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they’ll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you’ll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we’re all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we’re spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It’s no small task. That’s why we’re looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns, in to life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
The Senior Site Director will have extensive experience running a large manufacturing site with over 400 team members, including implementing Lean manufacturing principles and best practices. The position requires strong leadership, ability to coach others, and a willingness to go the extra mile to achieve a vision.
- Leads, promotes, and facilitates continuous improvement activities with production team members to identify methods to improve product quality, output, and cost
- Drive the use of best manufacturing practices such as lean manufacturing, visual management, waste elimination, and 5S
- Develops and maintains production metrics for quality, delivery, and safety, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports
- Ensures operation of equipment by; evaluating, purchasing, and maintaining required equipment with the support of Manufacturing Engineering
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance, Customer Service, Materials, Sourcing and Manufacturing Engineering to coordinate activities and resolve production issues on a timely basis to provide the highest level of service
- Partners with team member training and required documentation to ensure effective training methods that are in compliance with current procedures and quality standards.
- Leadership of department operations including workflow scheduling, management of staff, monitoring productivity and quality, production process troubleshooting and all other activities required to ensure on-time delivery and 100% customer satisfaction
- Monitors and optimizes performance of the manufacturing unit as measured by expense variance, scrap cost and productivity.
- Maintain favorable working relationships with team members through open communication, visibility, and involvement to promote a positive working environment that maximizes safety, team member engagement, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensures all requirements of the Quality system are met
- Communicate and ensure production personnel understand and follow all company policies and required safety policies and practices
- Manages staffing through coaching and development, employment decisions, and resolving team member issues through problem resolution
- Provides direction, support, and coaching to Production Leads
- Continually analyze, identify and set expectations to motivate workers to achieve objectives and goals through providing feedback and recognition
- Perform administrative action for assigned personnel, including performance appraisals, timesheets, and disciplinary action
- Evaluate production schedules and labor requirements to provide work direction, effectively balance labor resources and provide feedback on planning
- Develop and implement staffing plans, through capacity and labor planning activities, including writing justifications for additional personnel and obtaining approval
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures for production personnel
It will really make us smile if you have...
- Solid understanding of high volume production equipment, medical device a plus
- Prior experience as a plant manager/site director required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, technical discipline, or business required. MBA a plus.
- 8+ years of incremental professional experience in a technical manufacturing operation
- Results driven leadership, with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Culture of Continuous Improvement – Always looking for ways to get better in everything you see and do, while using problem solving tools to achieve change.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Strong applied understanding of LEAN manufacturing principles and able to identify waste in processes – Training in Lean, Six Sigma, or comparable systems.
Benefits of joining the club:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
- Standing or Sitting - Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- Fine motor skills and ability to perform repetitive motions, use hands and fingers - Constantly operates hand-held equipment.
- Lifting - Must be able to frequently move and lift items up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work with fine powder particles
- Vision capabilities, including depth perception, attention to detail, and color
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn’t otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
Want to learn more about us?
Check out https://smiledirectclub.com
Hear what our customers are saying: https://vimeo.com/233836276
See what our SmileShops are all about: https://vimeo.com/234533999