Senior Site Manager, Waltham3129124
Mass Eye and Ear
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is an international center for treatment and home to the world's largest vision and hearing research centers. Mass. Eye and Ear clinicians are driven by a mission to find cures for blindness, deafness and diseases of the head and neck. Internationally acclaimed since its founding in 1824, Mass. Eye and Ear employs full-time, board-certified physicians who offer high quality and affordable specialty care that ranges from the routine to the very complex.
Mass. Eye and Ear is a member of Mass General Brigham and a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. In conjunction with Harvard Medical School, Mass. Eye and Ear is committed to the education of future health care professionals, as well as the education of the public concerning the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the diseases in its specialties and concerning the rehabilitation of patients handicapped by these diseases. In order to provide the highest quality of contemporary care and even better care in the future, Mass. Eye and Ear conducts laboratory and clinical research in its areas of specialty. Mass. Eye and Ear recognizes its obligation to serve as a source of excellence in patient care, teaching, and research in Massachusetts, the United States, and the world.
Senior Site Manager, Waltham, MA
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Operation and Physician Site Director, the Senior Site Manager will lead daily operations of the Mass. Eye and Ear Waltham ophthalmology satellite practice. Works closely with the Mass Eye and Ear leadership group, physicians, and staff employees to build a successful, cohesive, and high-quality practice that follows the organizational mission and values. Hires, trains, and supervises staff. Develops a positive and close working relationship with Mass Eye and Ear departments in Boston, other satellites, and vendors. Serves as a liaison for local health care and academic community. Possesses integrity, self-drive, and attention to detail. Interest in career growth is a bonus, as the role has the potential to expand and include future strategic responsibilities related to site growth and expansion.
Skills and Abilities
1. Experience running a high-volume medical practice
2. Familiarity with patient accounts management and finance
a. Reviewing financial statements
b. Evaluating, planning, and managing budgets
c. Developing and executing business plans
d. Supervising patient billing
e. Knowledge of insurance and payer contracts and coverage
3. Proficiency in computerized scheduling systems, electronic medical records, reporting, Microsoft programs; experience with Epic a bonus
4. Good leadership skills
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Flexible in career goals and skills, willing to think outside of a box; able to adapt to new situations and work under stressful situations in a busy medical practice
2. Responsible for day-to-day operations, performance and strategic growth of the Waltham site. Collaborates with Associate Chief Technician to monitor clinic flow and implement improvements after communication with physicians and staff. Addresses patients’ special requests, issues and feedback with the highest level of customer service.
3. Hires and supervises administrative and technical staff in conjunction with Associate Chief Technician. Responsible for ensuring staff training is done promptly and on an ongoing basis. Educates the staff on internal and external policies.
4. Serves as liaison for physician Medical Director and other physicians at the site; coordinates regular meetings with all physicians to ensure adequate support is provided and leads regular staff meetings with front line staff.
5. Acts as a unit super user and understands all activities within the practice. Provides coverage for essential administrative staff functions and learns breadth of their tasks and responsibilities to assist with back-up as needed.
6. Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with other Mass Eye and Ear departments, contracted service providers, and vendors.
7. Maintains physicians’ documentation for credentialing and academic advancement.
8. Addresses issues relating to the physical facility; equipment malfunctions, supply issues, and safety matters.
9. In collaboration with Associate Director of Operations, assists in the development and monitoring of annual clinical and capital budgets and overall departmental goals. Controls and conserves operational expenses and capital purchases. Specifically develops expertise in specialty services such as refractive and crosslinking, with specialized financial oversight to ensure all volume and funds are accounted for in a heavily self-pay practice.
10. Works closely with the Finance Department in providing necessary information in order to complete financial statements. In collaboration with Associate Director of Operations, reviews financial statements and reconciles revenue and expenses month to month.
11. Maintains appropriate statistics and metrics regarding physician practices. Leverages and utilizes reporting tools within the organization.
12. Monitors information flow to ensure that billing data and medical records are submitted accurately and are easily available.
13. Serves on hospital and site committees as required or needed.
14. Monitors referring physicians’ and patients’ satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a high volume healthcare setting, preferably in an ambulatory practice
- Computer literacy including familiarity with computerized scheduling systems
- Budget tracking/development experience
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, sex, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
MEI Mass Eye and Ear WalthamReservoir Place, Ste.18402451Professional/Managerial