- This role requires residency West of the Rocky Mountain region.
- This position will support both Mountain and Pacific time zones.
- Candidate must have good current knowledge of AT&T quality specifications.
- Identify and initiate complex site inspections, acceptance, and/or rejection of work performed by a various disciplines in compliance with applicable Codes and/or specifications.
- Monitors construction schedule and costs.
- Provide technical guidance to Quality Inspectors or other Quality Specialists.
- Actively promote implementation of QC policies and standards in the support of projects.
- May be responsible for oversight of other Field QC staff on assigned project Sites.
- Implements and monitors the B&V Field QC Manual and Construction Inspection and Test Plans in support of project requirements and construction schedule.
- Coordinates with engineers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, regulatory representatives and field staff to ensure that the installed product meets applicable codes and specifications.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates supplier and contractor activities, products, and reports for adherence to the requirements. Verifies subcontractor quality personnel understand specification requirements.
- Mentors and provides technical direction to other Field QC staff, as required, keeps Site QC Manager and/or Regional Field QC Manager informed, as required.
- Keeps Site QC Manager and/or Regional Field QC Manager informed of workloads and staffing needs on assigned work.
- Influences Site Managers and their teams regarding the importance and value of quality involvement and contribution to project success.
- Conducts and/or coordinates quality inspections which may include performance of Non-Destructive Testing, witnessing tests, review of testing by others (e.g.: soil testing, concrete testing, hydrostatic testing, etc.).
- Prepares and/or reviews reports and quality records in compliance with procedures.
- Verifies on-site welding and welding documentation meets code and specification requirements including review of Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) documentation as applicable
- Performs receipt inspections of goods in conjunction with material control staff, as required.
- Administers the site Non-Conformance Program.
- Identifies non-conformances and participates in corrective actions.
- Reviews and controls the documentation for the certification of construction equipment and testing equipment.
- Assists in the coordination of punch list walk downs / inspections.
- Attends and participates in site meetings.
- Generates records, reports, correspondence, and other documentation in the performance of the work.
- Advocates Safety, HR, and administrative programs in accordance with division policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Acts in capacity of a ''lead person''
- Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
Minimum of 3 years with a degree, minimum of 5 years without a degree.