DRINKS is the online leader in adult beverage, reinventing wine buying for the 21st century. Through its pioneering Wine as a Service (WaaS) platform and Direct to Consumer (DTC) properties, DRINKS brings thousands of award-winning wines safely and conveniently to millions of customers across the United States in 1-2 days.
DRINKS created a new way to build a direct relationship with consumers by opening up the beverage alcohol category for online shopping. The company’s WaaS platform allows any company or brand to launch its own ship-to-home wine program quickly and easily, enabling our partners — including Fortune 20 and industry-leading digital marketers — to reach 96% of adults in the U.S. The company’s DTC division, featuring storefronts Wine Insiders and Martha Stewart Wine Co., is the nation’s largest online wine marketplace by volume.
DRINKS powers this unique ecosystem with its patented enterprise technology, including the ability to customize merchandising and deliver unique recommendations and messaging for each shopper.
We are proud to work with top influencers and tastemakers coupled with high-quality wine producers from around the world. DRINKS’ data-driven wine sourcing engine delivers exceptional unit economics for WaaS partners, with private label packaging designs informed by machine learning and optimized for online consumer appeal.
Forbes named DRINKS America’s 18th best startup employer in 2020.
We're looking for a motivated and passionate Senior Site Reliability Engineer with high attention to detail and a professional, methodical and technical approach to the execution of software in a cloud architecture. The ideal candidate has experience building a scalable and maintainable cloud computing environment as well as managing processes and projects. The DRINKS platform powers our 24/7 eCommerce shopping site and must strive for 100% uptime with exceptional performance.
This person will work within the DevOps team and partner closely with the Software Engineering team, to help support our class-leading platform to be secure, durable and extensible. A mindset of building a scalable and maintainable cloud computing environment is a necessity with this position. Striking the right balance between process and getting projects accomplished is key. This position reports to the Director of DevOps and is a regular, full-time, exempt position based out of our beautiful Los Angeles office.
What You'll Do
- Work on and assist with the system architecture within AWS
- Assist in building and maintaining highly available systems
- Update and help improve build and deployment processes
- Implement and manage CI/CD pipelines
- Operationally support existing AWS Infrastructure
- AWS and Azure cloud computing environment required
- EC2, S3, ELB/ALB, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, ElasticSearch, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, CodeDeploy
- Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, git/GitHub experience required
- Writing automation tools and scripts with languages such as Python, bash, Go
- Linux server administration
- Production system monitoring tools and frameworks
- Tuning and optimization of database management systems
- Installation, configuring and tuning of application servers and frameworks such as nginx, Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of cyber security best practices and guidelines
- Docker production experience
- Knowledge of Kubernetes a plus
- Excellent judgment skills and team working abilities
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize work, follow through, and meet deadlines
- Very strong verbal/written communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility in work schedule as needs arise
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Passionate about technology and able to troubleshoot software
- Ability to work full-time in our Los Angeles-based office
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health coverage, 401k with company match, paid parking or monthly commuter incentive, paid parental leave, weekly catered lunches, wine tastings and happy hours, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer 12 paid Holidays and a generous vacation policy.