Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
The Senior Sitecore Developer/ Solutions Consultant will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing web applications for Rightpoint's clients. It is important that the Sitecore Developer/Solutions Consultant have a strong background in building scalable, maintainable, high-quality, and high performing web applications using the Microsoft technology stack including the latest versions of .NET, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, Sitecore and/or Ektron CMS Platform.
- Develop features in .NET custom applications and .NET components of Sitecore or Ektron CMS solutions based on feature specifications and technical designs.
- Contribute to creating feature specifications and technical design schematics.
- Contribute to requirements gathering and analysis activities such as storyboarding, developing use cases, and creating functional requirements specifications.
- Create database models and build out models using SQL Server, then surface data to user interfaces by using object oriented techniques, often using object-to-relational mappers.
- Create web user interface server-side functionality using ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, and SharePoint.
- Take responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing (built both by you and others).
- Contribute to facilitating acceptance testing procedures and monitoring results.
- Contribute to performance and load testing procedures and issue remediation.
Required Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years Sitecore or Ektron experience.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations.
- Experience with designing relational databases and optimizing database structure for performance and/or maintainability and the ability to design and optimize stored procedures.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with source control, work item tracking, and build management with Team Foundation Server (or similar)
- Deep hands-on knowledge of the .NET 3.5/4.0 Framework, including Visual Studio 2008/2010, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.Net, jQuery, and CSS.
- Strong experience working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) and experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Experience with Object Relational Modeling (ORM) with different tools such as nHibernate and Linq.
- Hands-on experience building scalable web applications, in particular building high frequency and low latency web applications with optimal memory management, performance, and scalability as a key focus.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Passion for building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of anticipating and exceeding customer expectations.
- Must be motivated with a focus on team performance.
- Prior consulting experience is desired.
- Exposure to project management experiences is a plus.
- Experience in development and implementations using Microsoft SharePoint is a huge plus.
- SQL Reporting Services or DBA experience a plus.
- Willingness to travel to clients located throughout the Chicagoland area on a regular basis and a willingness to occasionally travel to client sites located throughout the United States on an occasional basis.
Nice to Have
- Strong experience working with layered architectures (N-Layer, Onion/Hex, DDD, CQRS) and an appreciation for appropriate layering and application structure.
- Hands-on experience building scalable web applications, in particular high frequency and low latency web applications with optimal memory management, performance, and scalability as a key focus.
- Experience in development and implementations using:
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with Styling and Responsive Design techniques using technologies such as LESS, HTML5, Bootstrap, and SASS.
- Experience with Client-side browser development using jQuery, Knockout, or AngularJS; emphasis on Single Page Applications (SPA).
- Experience with native mobile application development on any platform.
- Experience with Cloud ecosystems including Azure or AWS.
- Demonstrate prior consulting experience.
- Exposure to project management experiences is a plus.
Willingness to travel to clients located throughout the Chicagoland area on a regular basis and a willingness for occasional travel to client sites located throughout the United States on an occasional basis.
Required EducationBachelor of Science Degree or equivalent work experience
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Peapod Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Catered Lunches Every Other Friday
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.