Title: Senior Software Architect - Full Stack Dev
Job Location:Boston or Washington DC Metro areas
Work remotely while taking advantage of this exciting opportunity to join Odyssey Solutions' newly formed Solutions Innovation Group (SIG) as a Sr. Software Architect – Full Stack Dev.
SIG was founded on the premise that entrepreneurial business and engineering teams can deliver the defense and intelligence communities innovative solutions using agile development and our unique approach. We engage in rapid prototyping to build toward field-ready solutions outside of the traditional government requirements and contracting process. Our technologies are incubated to an 80% solution using internal funding then driven to refinement, deployment, and sustainment with our Government partners. We run hard and fast at a target aiming to get solutions to our men and women better, faster and cheaper than anyone in the industry.
We leverage an AWS, cloud-based DevOps and collaboration environment that allows us to build our team using the best and brightest talent regardless of location – all teammates work remotely but collaborate closely.
This small but growing group wants you to join us in this leadership role to drive the design and development of these solutions, lead daily scrums and contribute with expert, hands-on development.
Our current projects will truly revolutionize the core functions of the defense and intelligence domains they touch. We are developing a next-generation solution that will dramatically improve the way airborne surveillance reconnaissance and intelligence (A-ISR) is planned, managed and executed – boosting operational and intelligence collection performance while slashing warfighter workload. This will have a direct impact on every ISR mission and thousands of soldiers and airmen every day. Another project will result in a first of its kind multi-intelligence, cross-domain security solution (CDS) supporting seamless, bi-directional streaming of classified data between all security enclaves from unclassified to top-secret and above. Our new CDS will make current solutions as obsolete as the payphone.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but are not limited to leading the architecture, design, development and testing of innovative prototypes and field-ready solutions that are being funded by both internal and Government customers. Specifically, you will…
- Lead a small group of remote engineers using Agile principals while hiring and on-boarding new team members.
- Lead and manage daily stand-up calls and provide on-going, daily team member support, and collaboration
- Establish and drive development priorities based on business and customer objectives.
- Provide reliable estimates for manpower and time to deliver defined scope, features or improvements
- Lead the recommendation and implementation of DevOps tools, process improvements, practices and policies as needed.
- Contribute through your own hands-on, active development of the applications
Skills and Requirements:
- Personality and people skills are as important as engineering experience – you will be held up as an expert and team lead working side-by-side with senior leadership, key customers and a growing team of engineers.
- Experience leading teams using Agile methodology
- Experience with DevOps concepts, environments and tools
- Experience and comfort speaking with and presenting ideas to senior customers
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with little active supervision
- Windows 2016 Server
- MS SQL Server
- Mongo Db - (not part of the current stack but considering)
- #.NET / Web API
- Entity Framework 6
- Owin OAuth2 Identity Manager
- OpenAPI / Swashbuckle / Swagger UI
- CesiumJS - open source maps/globes
- GeoServer - open source
- Wowza Streaming Media - video encoding/processing
- HTML 5
- US Citizenship
- Active DOD Secret Clearance with the ability to qualify for a Top-secret Clearance
- 5+ years full-stack development experience building browser-based applications
- 1+ year of direct, hands-on experience leading an Agile development team
- 90% working remotely / 10% travel as required
- Able to share reference work and code samples
- Top Secret Clearance with SCI or SCI Eligibility
- End-to-end experience designing, developing, accrediting and deploying a DoD software solution
- Experience with DoD/IC Cloud environments
- Knowledge and understanding of DoD Information Assurance /Security Technical Implementation Guide (IA / STIG) accreditation process
- Experience or practical knowledge of various hardware/delivery platforms
- Experience as an Agile team member
- AWS DEVOPS Project team experience
- Experience ingesting real-time, high-rate data streams, archiving, retrieval & playback
- Security+ certificate
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment