Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Front End Developer for an opportunity with our client in Minneapolis, MN!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Sr. Software Developer will be a full-stack developer working on the clients multi-platform code bases. You will be overseeing code produced by a team of developers for implementing new features, maintaining existing code, refactoring existing code, establishing and refining development standards across the breadth of products used both internally and customer facing.
As such you will assist with concerns ranging from code architecture and delivery, SQL queries, Mac/Win/Linux desktops, iOS and Android tablets, and Chromebooks. Your experience and knowledge will help to drive the student test taking platform to well perceived products that brings confidence and delight to students and teachers across districts in United Status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Estimation of project effort and technical design documentation to direct Developers approach
- Collaborate with Directors and IT Project Managers to provide accurate work estimates
- Create efficiencies between development and requirements gathering with supplemental technical design documentation
- Monitor performance against technical documentation to provide continuous improvement as needed
- Collaborate with BA, QA, off-shore resources, and product owners to develop new enhancements and releases
Development to support product and project needs
- Provide development coding and consulting support to products under development
- Isolate key areas of concern and document needs for implementation team to be aware of as products are delivered for use in Production environments
- Integrate with client implementation team to provide development guidance and performance feedback to improve code performance
- Research new technologies and build prototypes as the testing industry continues to evolve
- Learn and ensure item and assessment publishing and delivery are QTI/APIP conformant
- Enhance current system to ensure backend scalability and front-end design integrity
- Developing updates to existing internal and external facing software to enhance the customer experience and provide development staff with easily maintainable code.
- Developing updates to existing features in student test taking platform to resolve issues on various OS, such as iOS, Android, etc.
Code-review and mentoring other developers
- Review and critique database code to ensure quality and recovery methods
- Collaborate with Architects in best practices for code implementation with code reviews prior to deployment from the development environments
- Work one-on-one and in small team groups to discuss and refine poorly performing code
- Develop code with front-end developers to streamline and support online content authoring and publishing capability that is needed to feed new and innovative items to students across nation.
- Develop clean code that utilize proven design pattern in a test-driven development environment
Trouble-shooting and production support of client issues
- During live production activities respond to client support requests and customer service requests with solutions in collaboration with company architects
- Work with Infrastructure teams to trouble-shoot problem areas
- Provide clear and consistent communication around solutions and timelines to client-facing program management teams.
- Full-stack awareness from front-end to database design and development
- Experience with at least one framework/library like bootstrap.js, foundation.js, angular.js, react.js
- Ability to write clean, standardized, and code that performs optimally in highly concurrent environments.
- Experience with “Sr. Software Developer” responsibilities across internal development team, experience with offshore development teams a plus.
- Ability to consume and create APIs and web services using REST.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile development and familiarity with scrum
- Experience with contribution to public open source front end development code base is a plus
- Knowledge of education standard such as QTI/APIP, SIF, AIF is a plus
- Experience with cloud native applications
- Experience with cloud migrations
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.