The Marlin Alliance, Inc. is seeking a Senior Software Developer in San Diego, CA. This position supports our Navy customer and requires a US Secret security clearance.
- Select software technologies, such as programming language, in the context of the systems and software engineering factors that influence system performance, overall life-cycle costs, risks, and the potential for interoperability. Use latest standard technologies and design patterns to increase application portability and maintainability.
- Plan for software sustainment by selecting appropriate software life-cycle models (e.g., agile, spiral, iterative, evolutionary).
- Perform software coding, code reviews, automated unit testing and select an appropriate strategy for code refactoring (i.e., code improvement after functionality is implemented) to ensure that IT system source code base is extensible, reusable, well-documented and, and sustainable.
- Where commercial-of-the-shelf (COTS) applications are used, work closely with the COTS vendor to ensure current and future products meet the cyber security requirements necessary to maintain the system’s accreditation.
- Develop and deliver monthly software metrics that will be used to measure agile effectiveness and development progress to be included in a Monthly Status Report. Ensure software requirements are stable, traceable, allocated to iterations and assessed for dependencies to meet iteration goals for capability and test.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline from accredited college/university.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering/development.
- Experience in applying analytical skills to support process improvement, studies, and analysis projects.
- Must have an active US Secret security clearance.
- Direct experience in the SPIDER business domain, Navy & SPAWAR Fleet & Shore modernization processes.
- Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification, as outlined by DoD 8570, which consists of an Operating System (OS) Certification and a Security Certification.
- Microsoft Development Track certifications and certification as Oracle Certified Professional.
- Experience translating operational needs into long-term architecture solutions.
- Working knowledge of agile software development methodologies, including SCRUM.
Established in 2002, The Marlin Alliance, Inc. – a woman-owned small business – provides business transformation consulting, professional services, and technical support to government, military, healthcare, telecommunications, and utility industry clients. www.themarlinalliance.com
Work Environment and Mental/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Typical office environment with no unusual hazards.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Constant sitting while using the computer terminal.
- Constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents.
- Constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching may be required.
- Occasional lifting, up to 20 pounds.
- Constant state of mental alertness.
- Frequent work under deadlines.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.