Constant Contact® champions the needs of small businesses and nonprofits and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions and more.
We are looking for a strong and creative Senior Software Development Engineer in Test who is passionate about driving quality for our customers. This person will be an integral member of the Core Business Systems team to help lead an effort to evolve our automation strategy that supports multiple CI/CD service-oriented applications. It will also include testing our new billing platform and 20 internal applications. Successful candidates will need to build and maintain strong relationships with their teammates and business partners while delivering high-quality software solutions.
If you’re looking for work that involves complex problem solving, a large user base, teamwork and a Friday beer cart; then this is the job for you.
In this role you will:
- Be an integral, embedded member of an agile team
- Be an active participant in code reviews and retrospectives
- Work within a Services Oriented Architecture
- Be involved with unit, integration, functional and performance testing
- Use the latest tools to support your work
- Drive quality on a product team utilizing continuous integration, continuous delivery, BDD, and TDD
Skills and Experience Required:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or applicable discipline
- Experience with Java or other object-oriented technologies
- Experience with service contract testing: microservices, JUnit, Mockito, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL and working knowledge of relational database technologies
- Experience with testing frameworks: Selenium, RSpec, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivated, creative and detail oriented
- Adapt quickly to the environment and leverage relationships
- Craftsmanship level commitment to quality software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with billing or financial applications
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery and BDD
- Experience testing multi-tiered SaaS applications