About the role
Have you noticed that with fast changing technologies, we have been constantly changing the way we get information, buy things, and now, shop for homes? It is true for first-time and millennial home buyers as well. In May 2017, we launched RealEstate.com as a bootstrapped team to great success, targeting features and user experience around first time and millennial home buyers. As we are continuing to grow our user base, the need to innovate, implement, and scale with ongoing features and improvements grows as well.
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our fun and passionate development team to work on all data-related development projects for realestate.com. This position will work with other software engineers to build complex distributed data processors, jobs, and other backend components using some of the industry-leading technologies.
As a senior developer on the RealEstate.com team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Architect highly performant and robust data ingestion and processing products
- Contribute in a real-time event-driven architecture around our data pipelines
- Integrate with big and small data from various sources
- Collaborate directly with other team members in all tiers
- Write beautiful code that is readable, testable, and extensible
- Use the latest technologies such as .NET Core, Docker, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, etc
- Build a strong data-driven backend that enables rich user experience on realestate.com
About the team
Our RealEstate.com team is working on the next generation of real estate applications that will have a huge impact on the overall success of the Zillow Group brands. We have the industry leading technology platform and strategy with a strong startup mindset that will help us to think big and move fast. This is an amazing opportunity for you to participate in the future of Zillow Group on a project that will scale immediately.
Who you are
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in backend languages such as C#, Java, Go
- Ability to lead in architecting and building data processors using data storages such as Postgres, ElasticSearch, and Redis.
- Good understanding in event-driven architectures using RabbitMQ, SQS, or Kafka
- Skilled in multithreading and multiprocessing
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- A proven record of diagnosing and troubleshooting production issues
- Any experience with cloud services such as AWS is a plus
- Big data processing knowledge using Spark/Hadoop is also a plus
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
At Zillow Group Orange County, we have a lot to offer you, including:
- A great working environment
- Superb compensation, equity and an array of awesome benefits!
- Amazing views from our office, free unlimited drinks & snacks, weekly catered lunches, frequent happy hour events, game rooms, treadmill and stand-up desks, and much more!
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.