We are looking for an Engineer who is excited and passionate about tackling complex, leading-edge software engineering challenges, processing large amounts of data at runtime within the context of a highly analytical, model-based computation framework, solving incredibly challenging business and science real-world problems that will have a real impact.
Our team is responsible for automating the entire stack of high performance, large scale, geographically dispersed resources throughout its life cycle. This is a technology stack that will challenge you and diversify your skills.
We are building a system from the ground-up that:
- is a highly scalable, cloud-based SaaS offering that performs low latency querying against detailed risk analysis
- is based on Linux, Java, and open source technologies, and leverages the latest advances in database tools, vector processing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and geographic visualization tools
- utilizes a unique Big Data approach scaling to massive sizes over time, large-scale distributed data processing technology, and best-in-class virtualization technology
- Extensive expertise in Java, Scala and Linux software development
- Experience with relational and big data storage such as Postgres, Hadoop, Kudu and similar technologies
- Strong skills in analytic computing and algorithms
- Strong mathematical background, including statistics and numerical analysis
- Knowledge of advanced programming concepts such as multi-threading, memory management, and operating systems.
- Passion for finding and solving problems
- 10+ years of programming experience; proven track record of on-time delivery
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to convey complex ideas to others in a concise and clear manner
Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience in JVM performance tuning, bottleneck analysis, and resource usage monitoring
- Experience working on and/or with cloud and open source technologies such as Spark, Arrow, and Docker
- Apollo, Redshift, Presto.
- Distributing Processing
- Familiarity with probabilistic and stochastic computational techniques
- Experience with data access and computing in highly distributed cloud systems
- Prior history with agile development