Gamma Technologies, LLC (GTI) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer: 3D Modeling with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you are able to work effectively with minimal oversight, while also functioning well in a team environment.
Gamma Technologies develops, markets, and sells engineering simulation software called GT-SUITE. GT-SUITE is used by over 600 companies including all leading OEMs around the world. GT-SUITE comprises a state-of-the-art systems simulation solver encompassing libraries of fluid dynamic, mechanical, thermal and electromagnetic sub-models plus a sophisticated set of user interfaces including map-based and 3D-based pre- and post-processors. Our software aids in the design and optimization of products in many industries, including Automotive, Agriculture, Off-Highway Vehicles, Aerospace, Power Generation, Marine and Rail, and Industrial Machinery.
Established in 1994, we are a growing and dynamic global company with headquarters based in Westmont, IL. This is a great place to work and live because it offers the advantage of being in the geographical heart of the greater Chicago area. We are only minutes from downtown Chicago and close access to world-class shopping, entertainment, sports venues and restaurants.
We are looking for a senior software engineer who can create innovative graphical solutions for engineers and transform 3D CAD objects into mathematical engineering models of fluid flow and mechanical components. You will also develop preprocessing software, within the GT-SUITE product line. Design and enhance algorithms for 3-D geometric modeling. Required programming languages include C++ or Java
- Develop and support complex desktop 3D graphics applications
- Under minimal guidance, collaborate with application engineers on software requirements and application design
- Design, implement and test new software components; producing efficient, robust and maintainable code
- Share your knowledge through mentoring, code reviews and taking part in design discussions
- Collaborate with application engineers on new requirements and application design
- Follow the company software development processes
- Study new technologies to remain technically current
Education and Experience
- MS degree in Computer Science or related fields with minimum GPA of 3.3/4.0
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skill
- Ability to work independently, as well as work collaboratively with colleagues
- Basic knowledge of computational geometry, the BREP geometric model and experience working with a geometry kernel
- An understanding of engineering analysis, with an emphasis on preprocessing
- Programming experience with either Java or C++
- Experience with Java Swing or equivalent GUI technology
- Experience with 3D graphics libraries, either Open GL or DirectX
- Familiar with UML, Object-Oriented-Design (OOD), Design Patterns and large-scale software development
- Basic understanding of 3D math
- Basic knowledge of 3D technologies, including transformation, texture mapping, etc.
Other Requirements and Notes:
ALL candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; sponsorship and/or transfer of sponsorship is available; no third parties please.
Salary and Benefits
GTI offers competitive pay, full health benefits, vacation, sick and personal days, 401K with profit sharing, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
Gamma Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, nation origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Software Developer / Engineer