Location: Irving, TX
The Senior Software Engineer, Android Application Development, will be tasked with SiriusXM mobile applications development. This position will primarily be focused on the detailed technical aspects of the mobile applications. This includes defining the detailed technical design/specification of the mobile application, working closely with the product and UX team, analyzing requirements, and translating them into technical specifications for the development team. This individual should be able to work effectively with either an internal or external development team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Refine and own the detailed technical specification of the SiriusXM mobile application, which has been built using native technologies (iOS and Android).
* Work closely with the mobile Scrum team.
* Define new and refine existing call flows and the interfaces between the mobile client and the back end service layer.
* Work with the development team in the definition of the class level specifications of the mobile applications.
* Modify the mobile application software code if necessary and also write proof of concept applications for various purposes.
* Facilitate the troubleshooting of pre and post-production issues working closely with the development team.
* Be familiar with the overall software stack and the software components of the mobile applications.
* Own the software development coding standards, code review, and all documentation as it applies to software development of the mobile client.
* Lead the Agile development process for the mobile client development.
* Ensure collaboration with senior management to help generate task breakdowns, and accurate schedules.
* Ensure full coverage of tier 3 support for operations readiness.
* Keep fully aware of the industry evolution, new technologies and evolution of the application frameworks.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, other technically related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 5+ years of hands-on experience implementing mobile applications for Android platforms.
* 2+ years of hands-on experience developing network-connected applications using Android platforms.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Ability to effectively work cross functionally in a fast-paced work environment.
* Highly organized.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Willingness to learn new technologies.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Strong comprehension of Agile/Scrum methodologies, Software Development Life Cycle, Source Control systems, and Configuration Management.
* Strong comprehension of web services, HTTP protocol, and service-oriented architecture.
* Strong knowledge of concurrency and multithreaded programming techniques on Android platforms.
* Strong knowledge of "Clean Code" development techniques and S.O.L.I.D. OOP design principles.
* Strong ability to identify and fix performance bottlenecks and deliver code that meets best in class target performance .
* Strong comprehension of high availability, multi-tier, mission critical and fault-tolerant system design.
* Strong comprehension of MVC and/or MVVM design patterns.
* Extensive knowledge of responsive and adaptive native mobile UI development techniques: Fragments on Android.
* Solid experience with Android UI components and best practices developing for multi screen apps.
* Mid-level knowledge of database fundamentals and data persistence techniques.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled