Veritude is seeking a Full Stack Developer for Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Boston, MA.
Equity Trading Technology, which has responsibility for the product lifecycle across the portfolio of trading applications, is seeking a Senior Software engineer to work on an extensive range of equity trading products. We are looking for top engineering talent as we design, build and deploy the platform. The role involves working in an agile team, in a highly collaborative and engaging environment and be adaptable to shifting priorities.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in either Business, Math, Engineering or Computer Science related field
- Experience as software engineer, delivering software using agile development practices
- Ability to develop complex trading products and components
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices
- Experience with Off Premise infrastructure and capabilities (e.g. Cloud based solutions such as AWS)
The Purpose of Your Role
Your role is to develop high-quality, testable code for complex trading products and components, which include FIX infrastructure, the Order Management System, and Quantitative Trade Analytics. As a software engineer on equity trading, you will engineer and design solutions as per continuously improving software engineering best practices. You will actively participate in the definition of functional and non-functional system requirements. You will innovate in areas of continuous integration and delivery in an agile environment. You will have autonomy in engineering, and opportunities to influence behavior that will progress the products and the organization.
The Skills You Bring
- You are a strong contributor with a collaborative work style
- You have knowledge of the SCRUM / Agile development practices
- You are able to work successfully in an environment that encourages autonomy in the work that you do.
You understand how to build out restful services in Micro Services style architecture.
- You have an awareness of functional programming, emerging technologies such as Scala / Akka / Camel and messaging frameworks such as Kafka, Active MQ and EMS.
- You understand best engineering practices and have an aptitude to coach and mentor junior engineers.
- You are have an awareness of cloud based technologies.
- You are experienced with technologies that support Automated Testing and CI/CD
- You are able to clearly document design options and decisions, and present these in an organized manner to technical as well as non-technical audiences
- You are motivated, are a good communicator, can take initiative to solve problems, and can make decisions based on the value of the solutions we build
The Value You Deliver
You will be a key member of the engineering team
Shaping how the product is developed
Actively innovating and creatively experimenting so that we may better support business needs
Collaborating and actively engaging with all team members
Bring curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, asking always about the “why” and the “value” of an activity or task
You will be a key member of the Boston engineering team
Bringing a passion for engineering and best engineering practices
Mentoring junior engineers
Collaborating with engineers across other products to share ideas and leverage solutions
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. AMT is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable Asset Management to achieve competitive advantage globally.