Grass Valley is a global leader in hardware and software solutions that make television happen. We’re focused on empowering customers to create, control and connect content wherever, however and whenever it is consumed. We provide the innovative tools – cameras, instant replay, signal management and more – to help customers improve the efficiency of their operations while telling better stories to attract and keep viewers. With Grass Valley's integrated solutions that enable flexibility, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, quality and scalability, broadcasters and content creators have what they need to sustain their businesses.
Grass Valley is just one of the many brands that make up Belden’s impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world’s best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
Grass Valley, A Belden Brand is seeking a fulltime Senior Software Engineer to help develop video production asset management products. The engineer with join the GV STRATUS team and help develop media management solutions across Grass Valley’s platforms.
Grass Valley is a manufacturer of broadcast and TV production equipment and software including media management systems, video editors, servers, encoders, storage systems, mixers, and routers. Our products and solutions are used by broadcasters and TV professionals worldwide.
This position requires a hands-on engineer with strong engineering & programming skills and ambition to take on new projects, define & own what needs to be done, and see it through to conclusion.
The software engineer will have direct involvement in the main aspects of the software development lifecycle. The role involves close collaboration with the other groups in the company in order to deliver high quality solutions to our customers.
- Participate in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle in an Agile (SCRUM) environment.
- Design, implement, and test software, ensuring user stories are completed.
- Participate actively in the design, code reviews, sprint planning, daily standups
- Share code and knowledge with development teams at other sites
- Participate in team-directed planning sessions for development iterations
- Prepare, utilize, and maintain unit tests to verify developed functionality
- Mentor more junior team members in best practices and new technologies
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent, and at least five years of relevant work experience. More experience is a plus.
- Experience with cloud-friendly technologies: micro-services, containers, Kubernetes, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Experience developing applications in C#, .NET, and Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of design patterns and object-oriented design.
- Experience in WCF, Web Services, REST, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with ASP, WPF, XAML, HTML5 and C++
- Experience working with broadcast video a significant plus
- Experience working with other teams in different locales and time Zones a plus.
As a Software Engineer you will work with Other SW, Hardware, Firmware, Mechanical, QA, and Manufacturing Test Engineers as well as Technical Writers and Product Marketing.
This position may have opportunities to work with customer, and 3rd party vendors in understanding current video broadcasting needs and technologies. Interaction may be in-person or by phone.
• Grass Valley thrives on collaboration with a diverse, global team developing cutting-edge software, hardware and service solutions that provide a rewarding customer life-cycle experience;
• Grass Valley offers competitive compensation packages in an energizing and supportive work environment;
• Grass Valley is made up of fun, dynamic people dedicated to performance and teamwork;
• Grass Valley is transforming — creating innovative new products and opportunities for employees to serve customers' changing needs.
Join an industry leader bringing state-of-the-art products, software and solutions to the broadcast industry.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran status.