Adams Communication & Engineering Technology (ACET), Incorporated is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) system engineering and information technology firm, headquartered in Maryland and Virginia. Incorporated in 1999, we support mission critical Information Technology (IT) business needs for clients within the intelligence community (IC), Department of Defense (DOD), Veteran Administration (VA) and for select commercial clients. ACET, Inc.’s technical, programmatic, and analytical professionals are experts in commercial technology, customized solutions, and proprietary government systems.
ACET is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic team at our Chantilly, VA., location.
Seeking Software Engineer to analyze user needs, develop software solutions, and have in-depth knowledge of analysis process, analytical databases, deployment hosting methodologies, web hosting, internet communications tools and platforms, to develop the analytical solutions.
The candidate will have an in-depth software engineering knowledge to write code that successfully manipulates data. The candidate will demonstrate experience in working with MySQL, Ruby on Rails – Linux platform, web-based development, shell, Perl, python, SharePoint, Arc Sight and Adobe Insight products. The candidate will demonstrate experience in developing codes, tests, and debug software, which includes data optimization and formats but are not limited to, specified data filtering, data alignment and correlation of specified data types and other information.
The work required shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following tasks:
- Write scripts and profiles for GOTS and COTS analytical applications
- Build complex profits, align tools, and tailor databases and applications, which successfully process extremely large data repositories.
- Provide quick-response tailoring to software by writing scripts.
- Design and customize software for analytical use to optimize analytical efficiency and streamline the workflow.
- Develop and write computer applications to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
- Maintain updates and enhance software products.
- Document code changes or revisions by using version control and revision logs descriptions.
- Optimize actions by recognizing where it is necessary and expected to work with other team members and across groups to improve success.
- Evaluate existing software products and makes on-going improvements to the analytical toolbox.
- Coordinate with the Gov POC and other team members to ensure problem solution, appropriate risk reduction, and user satisfaction.
- Update applications, databases and tools for customers with changing demands.
- Conduct testing for programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Write, update, and maintain programs or software packages to handle specific jobs related to analysis of large data sets.
- Consult with managerial and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Collaborate with other technical resources and customers to select appropriate design solutions and to ensure the compatibility with system.
- Design valid user-criteria testing, prior to production release of software.
- Current and active TS/SCI w/FS Polygraph is required.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 10+ years’ experience commensurate with the requested level in software engineering; if no degree, 12+ years’ experience in software engineering.
- 8+ years of experience web based development.
- 6+ years’ experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Proficient in MySQL administration.
- 6+ years’ experience using the following languages: Shell, Perl, and Python.
- 4+ years working with Linux operating systems and platforms.
- Familiarity with SharePoint.
- Experience with Arc Sign and Adobe Insight Products.
- Familiarity with Agile development.
- All candidates must be a U.S. Citizen to apply.
- Familiarity with Jira.
Senior Software Developer / Engineer