- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- 3 years of experience with Node.js
- Experience with Salesforce
- Working knowledge of git or similar version control system
The Senior Software Engineer uses various programming languages to develop, improve, test and/or maintain software that meets user needs. They work well with other software engineers within a small development team and have strong ownership of their application. The Senior Software Engineer actively participates in design and code reviews, assists with delivery estimates and provides feedback about all aspects of the process.
- Design, develop or modify software using various programming languages depending on the product and also taking the service architecture into consideration
- Modify existing software to fix errors, improve the overall quality and functionality, or update integrations with other software
- Analyze user needs to determine how software should be built or if existing software should be modified
- Develop and/or perform software automated testing procedures, solutions and frameworks to ensure software functions as needed
- Translate business requirements and specifications into usable and scalable software
- Process and understand capabilities and limitations of data outputs from the software
- Understand and assist with the technical infrastructure of an application or system
- Troubleshoot performance issues
- Determine and execute the software deployment process
- Anticipate and communicate blockers, delays and cost ballooning within the team’s projects before they require escalation
- Ensure expectations with the team and external stakeholders are clarified between all parties involved
- Participate in discussions about the team’s future vision and strategy
Who We Are
Rock Connections is a contact services provider that makes interactions between brands and consumers easier and more effective. Serving a wide range of well-known national brands, we provide client care and sales for companies in a variety of industries, including finance, automotive and health care. Leveraging technology, data and industry-leading training to strategically connect with consumers, we improve conversion rates and provide a greater return on marketing investments for our partners. We have a proven track record of strengthening brand reputations and driving value for the businesses we represent.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.