We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Edge Team at StockX.
The Edge Team is responsible for powering the StockX experience across different platforms by providing a scalable and reliable first tier API, a data coordination and caching layer, and a CDN. We utilize cutting-edge tools and platforms such as FaaS/serverless compute, Cloudflare, and AWS to handle our massive growth.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at a fast-growing company.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your existing skills, to build a world-class team and to have a huge impact on how marketplaces can be redefined. At StockX, we are just getting started.
- Design, build and evolve APIs used by StockX web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with front-end and back-end engineers to build scalable services
- Research and implement cutting-edge technology that can be applied to handle massive scale
- Debug and monitor production systems
- Help define the way we work in the future including coding and design standards
- Work effectively in an agile development process
- Experience in service oriented and/or microservice architectures
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers
- You have built highly resilient, scalable REST-based services
- You are familiar with different types of data storage and relational/non-relational databases
- You are product focused and collaborate to find the best possible solutions
Nice to Have
- Experience working with FaaS or serverless architectures
- Experience with CDNs such as Cloudflare, Akamai, or Cloudfront
- Experience building or managing an API gateway
- Experience working with message queues and data pipelines such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Experience working with Redis or DynamoDB
StockX is the world’s first “stock market of things” for high-demand, limited edition sneakers, streetwear, watches, and handbags. Launching in 2016, our live marketplace allows users to anonymously buy and sell limited edition consumer products with stock market-like visibility. Buyers place Bids, sellers place Asks, and when a Bid and Ask meet, the transaction happens automatically - across a true market price.
We’ve also removed all the RISK from buying and selling online. StockX authenticates every item exchanged on our market, ensuring that our buyers receive only 100% verified authentic product, and our sellers are never hit with a scam chargeback.
From Yeezy to Louis Vuitton to Rolex to Supreme, StockX has you covered with unprecedented access to the ‘new luxury’ economy.
This is StockX. Now you know.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is not all-inclusive. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.