Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Senior Software Engineer
- PAE is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support customers at Fredericksburg, VA:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Performs web development within Cold Fusion utilizing the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture.
- Perform development based on new requirements, bug fixes, STIG Implementation, IAVA/IAVB fixes.
- Performs technical support focused on the development, operation, management, and enforcement of security capabilities for software running on government systems.
- Assist with requirements gathering and documentation.
- Assist in all forms of testing (i.e., unit to regression).
- Assist in all training, troubleshooting, deployments (local and external), and documentation efforts.
- Assist with database development and documentation as it relates to the web applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the design, development, and maintenance of web applications using the MS SQL database within the MS Windows Operating system environment.
- Experience with web development using ColdFusion and ColdBox, MVC coding architecture, Agile methodology – SCRUM.
- Experience withVue.js. – Angular or REACT.
- Experience with JIRA Service Desk, JIRA Software and Bit Bucket, or comparable issue tracking products.
- Experience in Web Services – REST API – SOAP.
- Experience with JSON, XML and Elastic Search (Indexing).
- Experience with ORM – Object Relational Model.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle: requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment, bug tracking, and reporting.
- Experience developing web application using the client/server paradigm.
- Experience working with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
- A Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance.
- Ability to travel CONUS/OCONUS with the ability to meet all deployment requirements for OCONUS locations (i.e., Afghanistan and Kuwait).
- Experience with or knowledge of performing web development utilizing Coldbox and CommandBox.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server as a backend database solution for storing and presenting data through the UI.
- Strong background in testing and troubleshooting complex issues.
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT and BitBucket.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II or Security Plus.
- Experience with WEAT (Weapons Technical Intelligence Exploitation and Analysis Tool).
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.