Location: San Francisco, CA
SiriusXM is looking for a strong, collaborative team player to work within our PayTollo (Toll Payment) division on the backend web-application. This team is responsible for the design and implementation of various microservices in the PayTollo Platform. This includes defining the detailed technical architecture, working closely with the Product team, working closely with other development groups within a larger team (including front-end applications, content tools, analytics and machine learning), analyzing requirements, and positioning them with the development. This individual should be well aware of the ongoing evolution of the mobile platforms, data and distributed systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Play a lead role in all aspects of our technologies stack, to enable essential features for our customers.
* Design and implementation of APIs to support both external platform users, as well as internal cross service applications.
* Design and implementation of Real-Time APIs to support both external platform users, as well as internal cross-service communication.
* Identify and eliminate potential performance problems in those APIs including optimizing data stores.
* Improve the reliability and fault tolerance of our infrastructure.
* Provide scalable solutions to handle the vast amounts of data we collect including managing large relational data stores, message queues, distributed service architecture.
* Design and implementation of authentication and authorization for external facing services.
* Facilitate the troubleshooting of pre and post-production issues by working closely with the development team.
* Ensure system security externally to protect against a variety of web-based attacks, as well as internally to guard.
* A keen focus and close working relationship with the QA team is required to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing.
* Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams across the company to launch best in class technical solutions for this initiative.
* Work closely with management, product managers, designers, customers, and other engineers to ensure delivery of a high-quality product.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or other technically related field or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 5+ years of experience designing and developing applications.
* 5+ years of working experience in Python or similar high-level OOP language.
* 3+ years of experience in building scalable backend applications.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Motivated to learn new technologies
* Strong problem solving and organization skills
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Demonstrable skills in designing/deploying a scalable environment using 3rd party cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.).
* Experience working with large scale distributed databases.
* A strong comprehension of web services and service-oriented architecture.
* A strong comprehension of high availability, multi-tier, mission-critical system design.
* Working knowledge of micro services, message-oriented middleware, nginx.
* Experience with non-relational data stores.
* Language Fluency in Python or equivalent high-level OOP language.
* Working knowledge of all aspects relating to relational databases.
* Familiarity with at least one of the following frameworks: AngularJS, Backbone.js, React, Ember.js.
* Familiarity of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies.
* Familiarity with server-side web frameworks, such as Django, Flask etc.
* Our engineers use technology to solve business problems. In this role, the tech stack the team will use includes but not limited to:
* ◦ Angular,
* ◦ Webapp2 (similar to Django),
* ◦ Google App Engine,
* ◦ Google Datastore,
* ◦ Google Taskqueue,
* ◦ Google Dataflow (Apache Beam)
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled