We are a fun, collaborative, agile work team solving interesting engineering challenges involving scale and big data. Our organization puts an emphasis on learning and career growth with a commitment to a work/life balance and sustainable development. We work with state of the art technologies, methodologies, and processes.
We're looking to expand our team of developers located in our Waltham office.
As a part of our agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more.
As a member of this team, you will:
- Provide technical direction for and be a key contributor to the development of new features that allow our partners and customers to engage with their customers
- Collaborate with Product Management and architects to understand the business needs and find the best technical solution for meeting those needs
- Mentor others on best practices, architecture, and development
- Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
- Be a key contributor to the creation of a long-term, scalable full-stack architecture.
To be successful on this team, you should have:
- 5 years developing customer-facing front-end web applications
- 3 years writing RESTful APIs
- Expert knowledge of Backbone, Marionette, Angular or equivalent framework, and experience with jQuery
- Expert knowledge of writing performant front-end web applications
- Experience with Protractor, RSpec or equivalent integration testing framework
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
- Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
- Proven ability to design future-proof, maintainable, large-scale front-end and backend applications
- Ability to articulate engineering design strategies related to scalability, performance, security, usability, and development platforms