A best friend's wedding, a 10th anniversary party, BlizzCon, AWS re:Invent, The Grammys, a first concert, the opening of a new museum - we all have a favorite event.
Events and meetings make an impact that lasts a lifetime. As more of our lives are spent online, the time offline is truly rare. So, our goal is to make it easy to bring great people together, face-to-face.
With more than 4.5 million successful events brought to life using our award-winning event management platform, we'd say we're well on our way. As we look to the future, we're focused on continuing to innovate and create the best technology to bring joy through the power of in-person connection. And that's where you come in!
If you want a job where there’s more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where ideas are sought after and celebrated, and where hard work changes the course of human history, then Cvent and our newest product, Social Tables, may be the place for you!
What You Will Be Doing
- Use Node.js on the server
- Restify for APIs, GraphQL for web apps
- LaunchDarkly for feature flagging
- React on the browser, and when we need more complex state management on the browser, use Redux
- Three.js/WebGL for our 3D visualizations
- Build browser assets with Webpack
- MySQL for database storage
- AWS for infrastructure, deploying services with ECS and Lambda
- Develop on local machines, not in the cloud
What You Need For This Position
- Be a seasoned engineer who enjoys sharing your experience with the team.
- Strong with ES6
- Passionate about writing code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested
- Interested in building reliable, fault-tolerant, production grade systems
- Feel comfortable debugging large applications and refactoring them to well-tested components and services
- Have experience designing, implementing, and maintaining APIs as a service for your team and customers
- Enjoy optimizing complex data models for understandability and performance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field or a foreign equivalent
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, semi-annual bonuses, 401K Match, gym membership discounts and other great perks!