At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This position will help build the Next Gen Consumer Applications Suite. Along with writing effective code, the position will be responsible for designing and building a highly scalable set of API suite and rich consumer facing applications. The incumbent will use industry best practices and work collaboratively with cross-functional team of product managers, UX designers, architects, principal engineers, software engineers, test automation team and dev-ops on the agile team.
How you will make an impact:
- Performs as a key contributor to an engineering team that builds and supports exceptional customer-facing products that provide innovative solutions to challenging business use cases, existing system and operational problems.
- Designs, develops and maintains responsive web applications providing peerless user experiences on desktop and mobile devices.
- Builds highly scalable, high performing backend APIs.
- Writes highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability, security and performance.
- Participates in code-reviews and mentor software engineers.
- Collaborates closely with Engineering leadership, Product Managers, Designers, Test Automation and other teams and business units to define, prioritize, sequence and scope business and functional requirements and drive results.
- Accurately scopes effort, identifies risks and clearly communicates trade-offs with team members and other stakeholders.
- Ships high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support, owning specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health.
What we look for:
- 5 - 10 years of experience designing and developing secure consumer-facing web applications.
- BS in computer science or equivalent technical field or equivalent work experience and MS a plus
- Experience with developing and deploying applications on AWS or private cloud.
- Experience with the full stack of software development.
- Strong backend APIs (Restful) and notable UI skills.
- Experience building responsive Single Page Web Applications using modern front-end technologies such as but not limited to:
- 1-2 years working knowledge of frameworks such as AngularJS, BackboneJS or ReactJS.
- Strong experience writing RESTful APIs and middle tier coding in Java (Spring Boot | Drop Wizard).
- Proven experience in several of the following technologies.
- Spring Framework including, Spring, Spring MVC.
- Web Services: Spring-WS, Jersey, Apache CXF, Axis.
- Databases: Oracle, MySql, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra.
- Distributed Cache: Coherence, Hazelcast.
- Build & CI Tools: Maven, Jenkins, grunt, npm, etc.
- Application Servers: Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic, etc.
- Apache Solr, ElasticSearch, Natural Language Processing libraries (Stanford, apache).
- Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Apache Spark.
- Familiarity with deploying applications with container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience with Scrum, Agile Methodology.
- Test Driven Development and knowledge of mocking frameworks such as EasyMock, Mockito.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off