Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position and the position will be located onsite in our Portland offices when offices reopen.
At New Relic, we pride ourselves on building rich experiences that bring confidence and clarity to our users. Our team, Innovation Hub Engineering (IHE), builds tools that are used by customers, both internal and external, to troubleshoot and repair customer issues related to the New Relic platform. We are looking for an experienced engineer who loves to create tools that help customers love New Relic, while working in an engaging, collaborative environment.
What You’ll Do
- Develop new features and maintain existing functionality, in Go, for our diagnostic tools.
- Work in properties that are owned by the IHE team, including code Ruby and Python.
- Collaborate with our Support Services team as needed to work on platforms that deliver our customer service experience (including ZenDesk, Airflow jobs, and Discourse)
- Create new software that implements in-product support and diagnostics.
- Share the responsibility of owning and operating our AWS environments.
- Apply a customer-focused mindset to every business and technical problem. We deliver software that helps customers fall in love with New Relic, and you measure your success by the impact your work has on our customers.
- Engage in challenging problems as a member of a highly collaborative and supportive team that discovers and builds solutions together.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and bake reliability, scalability, and simplicity into everything you do to ensure a healthy work life balance.
- Prototype and drive new feature development and partner with internal users and engineering teams.
- Work on a small team of engineers collectively accountable for the reliability and security of the team’s software. We sit together as a team, share ideas and have on the spot discussions as a team as-needed
- At least 2 years of experience in at least one systems language (Go, Python, Java, etc.)
- Literacy in SQL, and familiarity with data hygiene
- Knowledge of modern build tooling, oriented towards AWS cloud deployments.
- Demonstrated commitment to code quality including experience writing unit and integration tests
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Windows/ .Net build experience (we only do a little Windows work)
- Familiarity with business systems such as ZenDesk and Salesforce
- Initiative to drive, share and amplify cross-team solutions
- Experience with containers
- Experience mentoring and coaching early career engineers
- Experience building services or applications where performance is an important consideration
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building an inclusive culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.