Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
At Global Sales & Servicing (GSSP) Core Platform, our mission is to build the next generation digital sales and servicing platform for MetLife, and to help deploy it worldwide. We have developed a world-class, cloud-native, multi-tenant platform to enable digital channels such as online, mobile, call center and other emerging channels such as intelligent assistants. The platform leverages cutting-edge, open source and proprietary technologies to create a highly configurable system that can be adapted to individual market needs quickly, and at a low cost. The platform runs in a fully containerized, elastic cloud environment, and is designed to scale to serve millions of users.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a track record of designing and implementing large and complex technology projects at a global scale. The ideal candidate would have a solid foundation in hands-on software development and design. To be successful in this role, the candidate would require a balance of product-centric technical expertise and navigating complex deployments with multiple systems and teams. This role would include engagement with multiple concurrent teams and projects. This role would also require oversight and leadership over development staff.
- Analyze local business needs, local country IT systems, local market needs including locale, data regulatory needs and present proposals that include high level technical solution, estimate and project plan.
- Converts business problems into programming instructions.
- Designs and codes programs; creates test transactions and runs tests; revises as necessary.
- Monitors operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system.
- Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
- Provide technical support to project teams throughout project lifecycle around technology platforms, solution design, security, debugging, profiling, performance tuning etc.
- Provide governance over project teams to ensure standards and best practices are being followed.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum of 4+ years of design and development experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Demonstrated experience with designing, implementing and deploying scalable and performant web and mobile applications at global scale
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals, Object Oriented Design, algorithm design and Data Structures
- Demonstrated experience in cutting-end client-side and server-side technologies such as ReactJS, Angular, as well as microservices, container technologies, cloud services such as AWS or Azure and other server technologies such as NodeJS, Spring Cloud
- Experience in Solution Design, Data modelling, REST API design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience in Configuration Management, DevOps automation
- Experience designing multi-tenant SaaS systems
- Experience with Docker (or other container technologies), Azure or AWS cloud, Redis, MongoDB, Netflix OSS, RabbitMQ, Spring Cloud
- Experience in performance testing and tuning
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning and playing with the latest technologies.
- Working independently and able to manage large scale projects.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 109736