EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
We are excited to be seeking a Senior Software Engineer I to join our Consumer Services team. This is an entirely hands on, back end role, building applications to store and collect data that directly impact the experience of our consumers. This team provides the data necessary to increase consumer conversion and, in turn, improve the consumer experience as we scale and expand across new verticals.
- Design and implement new features and projects for a mix of web-based applications and services
- Provide insight and technical expertise towards our infrastructure and architecture projects and initiatives
- Help drive strategic initiatives and thinking about how to evolve the online marketing opportunities available to us
- 5+ years of work experience in software engineering, with experience in statically typed languages (Go, C, C++, Java). Experience with Ruby on Rails a plus.
- Experience building and scaling distributed available systems.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments. (Ubuntu, Debian etc)
- Experience with our current tech stack preferred: Go, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Experience running production applications on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services, Docker, Kubernetes.
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history
- We recently completed our IPO and are looking for the next generation of engineers to push us forward as a public company
- Even as we’ve become a public company, we’re committed to maintaining our “startup feel” (but with none of that startup anxiety)
- We employ completely data-driven decision-making
- We encourage creative thinking, independent responsibilities for business results & team collaboration
- Lunch catering to the office, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stock, and a relaxed & flexible work environment
- We have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and more