Location: Irving, TX
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are in the early days of driving off the monolithic server beasts in favor of high quality, at-scale microservices in a cloud environment. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help us create, extend, and maintain the core of our connected car software platform as we expand past our current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Adhere to rules established to enforce test-driven/behavior-drive development, maintaining wiki pages, code style, and code group/peer review.
* Be a team player, someone who can communicate both orally and through our various written communication mechanisms.
* Be able to work under the supervision of a more senior engineer, completing tasks with the expected degree of quality in a timely fashion.
* Develop, maintain, and debug single-page web applications
* Maintain and extend existing single-page web applications
* Be able to dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues
* Willingness to learn new technologies - often very quickly
* Provide direction, mentoring and technical supervision to junior engineers
* Contribute to planning and estimation activities in a meaningful fashion
* Create and maintain technical specifications for services and protocols
* Evaluate and incorporate new technologies and frameworks to meet requirements or implement improvements / new capabilities to the platform
* Mentor and train more junior engineers; explain complex technical concepts and solutions in a fashion that can be understood by the intended audience
* Ability to take on other duties as required
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
* BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems
* Equivalent experience or degrees in other technical fields will be evaluated and considere
* 4+ years of experience in a full stack development position
Requirements and General Skills:
* Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
* Willingness to learn new technologies -- often very quickly
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* 3+ years of Angular 4 or above experience required
* Understanding of Angular 1.x required
* Basic understanding of node.js or Java for server side development, node.js strongly preferred
* Solid understanding or responsive and adaptive web application principals and practices.
* Expert understanding of CSS and HTML5 with demonstrable hands on experience
* Solid understanding of Web Technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, JSON and XML.
* Solid experience with RESTful Web Services required. Full stack development experience a plus
* Familiarity or basic understanding of the concepts of cloud-based systems
* Solid understanding of the concepts of test-driven development and/or behavior-driven development.
* Familiarity with CSS pre-processors (Less, SCSS/SASS, Compass)
* Experience of CI (Continuous Integration) techniques for UI (i.e. Grunt, Jenkins, jacoco, Jasmine, JSCoverage)
* Familiarity with development tooling such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA/WebStorm, NPM and Bower
* Familiarity with Unix / Linux operating systems
* Experience developing RESTful micro-service based applications.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled