At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
The Sr. Java Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of Java code to support a critical Drools implementation within our Casualty Applications. These applications are used to process and analyze data and healthcare bills to provide recommendations and audit. The Sr. JAVA Engineer will analyze, test, & assist with the integration of new applications through API definitions and system integrations. He or she will participate in code reviews and assist with tracking performance metrics. This position involves integrating the knowledge of business with functional priorities. The Sr. Java Engineer will act as a key contributor and may guide other developers & mentor new team members.
- Develops new software & web applications, supports applications under development, & customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing, & editing of documentation & technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, & formal recommendations & reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors & evaluates competitive applications & products. Reviews literature, patents, & current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification & technical requirements
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, & skills & their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Possesses a good vocabulary of design & architectural terms & is familiar with the practical application of these terms.
- Exercises independent judgment & discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
· Open and positive attitude
· 7+ years of Java/J2EE software engineering experience
· 2+ years of architecture experience
· Substantial RDBMS & SQL experience. Strength in various Database technologies including NOSQL and document databases
· Experience working on Drools is highly preferred
· Rest/SOAP API definition & implementation
· Experience in build and development pipeline and deployment best practices (Azure or GIT patterns)
· Experience working on back end systems
· Experience in Distributed computing solutions, and Distributed version control system
· B.S in a MIS, CS or related discipline, or equivalent work experience