Combine two of thefastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaborationand opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in anindustry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't aboutanother gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever andwhenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Joinus and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Develop Java web services which were built within Mule ESBoffering both REST and SOAP interfaces. Attend scrum meetings to definerequirements, plan design, implementation and testing phases
- Write well-designed, efficient code in IDE to implement the logicand unit test it. Load and performance testing and benchmarking, includingperformance testing of highly complex systems
- Participates in the on-call rotation for Application Monitoringand work on ServiceNow tickets and ensuring applications are secure and up todate
- Defined the System Interfaces (XSD), created Mule ESB Flows,performed payload transformation & developed middleware data Entity mappingSolution utilizing spring, JDBC
- Use Jenkins CI/CD as a deployment tool to build all Mule imagesand deploy to OpenShift by single click
- Create Maven Archetypes for generating fully functional REST webservice supporting both XML and JSON Message transformation. Contribute toincreases in code quality and productivity in areas such as Test/BehaviorDriven Development, Refactoring, Pair Programming (Extreme Programming/XP), andAgile Estimation and Planning
- Effectively use of J2EE Design Patterns namely Session Facade,Factory Method, Command and Singleton to develop various base frameworkcomponents in the application
- Develop alerts, timed reports and manage Splunk applications
- Review, test and debug team members’ code. Schedule productreleases with internal teams.
- Knowledge on X12 EDI language and generate data files followingthe HIPAA Standard
- Knowledge on Red Hat Linux to install hardware and debugproduction issues
- To Integrate MQ Series, HTTP, File system and SFTP transportsusing Java/Mule
- Use Log4J components for logging and perform daily monitoring oflog files and resolve issues
- Use HL7 connector to send data over HL7 protocol to externalsystems
- Use OpenShift container platform for deployments and TWS forscheduling the jobs
- Experience in Production support and attend calls in case of anyProduction Issues
You’ll berewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or higher level of education or equivalent work experience
- 8 + years of application development (or support) experience in a large enterprise environment
- 5+ years of prior experience integration of large, critical applications (preferably on multiple platforms)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability and willingness to hold on-call responsibilities to respond to system issues 24x7x365
- Healthcare industry experience preferably Medicaid/Medicare Management
- Experience with a relational database preferred (MS-SQL, Oracle, DB2 etc.)
- 5+ years of full SDLC experience
- 5+ years of development and/or support experience in technologies e.g. Java, Web Services, MuleSoft
- 3+ years of experience working on database technologies e.g. Oracle, MySQL etc.
- Experience using ALM/Rally/ALM/AHA and ITSM applications e.g. ServiceNow
- Understanding of HIPAA transactions
- Experience in app/tool/version migration
- Experience using ETL tools e.g. Talend
- Experience with ITSM application platforms e.g. ServiceNow, JIRA etc.
Careers with Optum. Here'sthe idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; makehealth care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use theworld's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health andlifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal isto leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of theUnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatestminds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reachits fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teamsagainst sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in oneincredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's bestwork.(sm)
Diversity creates ahealthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal EmploymentOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, geneticinformation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group isa drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test beforebeginning employment.
JobKeywords: Software Engineer, Engineer, Java, Database, Web, IT, Technology,Healthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota