- Leads teams of 5 or more people that develop, test, and fix defects in application software.
- Leads the preparation and review of application software designs at the system level. The scope of design will frequently include multiple systems supporting company-wide business processes.
- Leads cross-functional work teams in preparing work estimates and project schedules for all technical work on projects. Mentors team members in the development of work plans.
- Leads work teams in resolving complex problems which are frequently unique, require creative problem solving and advanced technical skills, and frequently span multiple systems and may cross team boundaries.
- Maintains authoritative knowledge of all systems within the scope of the team's responsibility. Provides a consultative role to business process owners in the use and modification of system software. Maintains expert-level knowledge of software development best practices, tools, and methodologies that are recognized within the company.
- Leads teams focused on quality and continuous improvement initiatives across business units within the company.
Maintains expert knowledge of the technologies and practices of the company's chosen markets. Maintains awareness of trends in technologies and vendor product offerings.
Actively participates in preparing and conducting technical interviews of job candidates on behalf of the group manager.
Senior Software Engineer
Associate's degree (or higher) OR- 2+ years professional work experience.
3+ years experience in software development or testing.
Lead Software Engineer
- Bachelor s degree (or higher) OR- 4+ years professional work experience.
- 5+ years experience in software development or testing.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, and tools.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, practices, and tools.
- Knowledge of one more programming languages used by the team.
- Knowledge of software testing practices and tools.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques and tools.
- Ability to travel as needed for company business and professional development.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for system implementations and resolving system problems.
- Knowledge of business analysis practices and business process modeling.
- Knowledge of quality management and quality improvement practices.
- Knowledge of team leadership skills, practices, and behaviors.
- Knowledge of techniques, tools, and applicable laws to conduct effective and legal interviews.
- Knowledge of techniques for writing and presenting business proposals to management.
- Knowledge of effective writing and public speaking skills. Ability to convey complex information to general audiences.
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.