WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Nexstar Media, Gray Television, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
WideOrbit is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to architect, design, and develop core areas and features for our Unified Sales Suite. At WideOrbit, every engineer plays a critical part of the design and implementation and enjoys working on very big, complex applications with major media clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a team of talented, friendly engineers and take our advanced, scalable development and deployment infrastructure to the next level, transforming the future of media and advertising.
This role is on the Central team, responsible for (among other things):
- Our Order Connect and Airtimes products are used by sellers to transact and monitor billions of dollars in yearly ad spend
- APIs serving all the Unified Sales Suite products
- Back-end data stores
- And lots and lots of plumbing
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Design, develop and test new features for the Unified Sales Suite product suite
- Build high performance, cloud-based, distributed systems across the full stack - including website, APIs, and back end services
- Improve current architecture and design to meet ever increasing demand on performance and scalability
- Partner with product management, QA and documentation to deliver high quality, complete software releases
- Collaborate with support and project teams to maintain and improve WideOrbit software to meet current customer and project needs
Here is what we’re looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in C# or related OOP languages
- Transact-SQL programming, MS SQL Server or similar RDBMS
- Experience writing code for multi-threaded environments; both client UI and server framework
- Strong OO design skills
- Good algorithmic skills and experience applying design patterns to both new and existing code
- Willingness to thoroughly unit test and debug complex code that you, or others, may write
- Ability to work in a team environment and approach challenges with a problem solving, can- do, positive attitude
- Experience in Web UI technology frameworks like Ext.js, Angular, React or comparable is a plus
- Experience with one of the major cloud platforms (Google Cloud Platform, Azure or AWS) is a plus
- Experience with other programming tools, languages and protocols is a plus
This position is Telecommute.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, comprehensive health care, 401(k) match, generous PTO, sabbatical leaves, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.