Position:Senior Software Engineer
Reporting to the Vice President of IT, the Senior Software Engineer will help build out our technology platform.The position requires expertise with principles of OOP, a strong background with web technologies and strong development skills. Collaborate with other senior engineers on staff to design scale able, robust software. Work with business process owners to understand business requirements. Develop technical requirements and possible manage developers to ensure successful project execution.
- Modeling and implementing multi-tiered applications, applying background and understanding of web and database programming, including multi-tiered application architecture and development for advanced web technologies.
- Create and maintain high quality architecture and design documents including feature specifications, design specifications, flow diagrams, site maps, and process diagrams
- Collaborate on software road map
- Interface with customer and internal teams to gather requirements and develop software solutions
- Develop technical design requirements & estimates
- See design requirements from concept through to completion (develop, document, test, deploy, and debug)
- Review junior developers code & act as a mentor
- Participate in all types of testing; conduct unit tests, stress tests, and tune performance
- Desire to take initiative & be a self-starter is a plus. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior level programmer to work on exciting projects.
- Academic background in computer science (BS), engineering, mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years’ experience minimum with PHP
- Applied knowledge of PHP frameworks
- Knowledge of REST, SOAP, JSON and WSDL’s.
- Knowledge of Java and Spring, Hibernate frameworks very desirable
- Advanced software engineering concepts (design patterns, SDLC, OO, UML modeling)
- Expertise with Object Oriented Design Principles & MVC concepts
- Expertise with relational database design and database interaction approaches
- Knowledge of code-deployment workflows and repository tools (e.g.: Git, SVN.)
- Knowledge of package dependencies tools (e.g.: Composer, Maven)
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills; is able to explain technical topics in simple terms.
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation and solid unit testing
- Able to work on your own, as part of a team or as a team leader, depending on the project
- Experience working on robust, multi-tiered, accurate and scale able architectures
- Experience with large databases and commercial web sites
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Infrequent lifting of items 50 lbs.
- Our team enjoys a professional, modern, pleasant office environment and is supplied with the tools they need to succeed. We offer competitive compensation with excellent medical, vision, dental benefits, life insurance, 401k and long-term disability.
- US Citizens or Permanent Residents. No sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered at this time.
- Local candidates preferred.