Would you like to work on a team of talented engineers utilizing the latest technologies to architect cloud software for our next generation video communication products?
Lifesize is looking for a senior developer who will help deliver reliable services that get used by every customer. In this role, you'll work on our Cloud Microservices Team to build out our new microservices-based architecture.
Not only will you be developing new microservices, you'll also be helping us improve our software patterns and practices to ensure stable and secure deliverables to production. If you're a programmer who likes software challenges and enjoys knowing that the work they do matters, this is the role for you.
About this role:
- You’ll build out our new microservice-based architecture to continually improve our architecture and greatly scale our capacity.
- You’ll improve the overall build, packaging, automation, monitoring, and deployment process.
- You’ll create strategies for analyzing cloud data and services from our existing services.
- You’ll write reusable service templates that demonstrate best practices with regards to security and scalability.
- You’ll engage and coordinate with other internal engineering and operations teams to deliver complex product features to production.
- You’ll solve high priority customer issues and get fixes deployed with a fast turnaround time.
Some of the perks you’ll get working in Lifesize Engineering:
- Pick your preference of a Mac or PC environment, and we’ll get you hooked up.
- Come to work in our convenient Barton Skyway location, which is close enough to downtown and Zilker Park to have access to the best of Austin.
- Be amazed at the productivity you’ll establish in our non-open engineering floor plan, which includes a mix of private and shared offices.
- Take time off when you need it with our unlimited vacation policy and our flexible work schedule.
- Eat free breakfast tacos on Mondays and Wednesdays and enjoy subsidized lunches Tuesday through Thursday as well as recurring team lunches and happy hours.
- Take a break in our fully stocked break rooms with all the snacks and drinks you need.
- Recharge yourself in our free onsite yoga classes and gym.
5+ Years Commercial/Enterprise Server Software or full stack Development
2+ Years Python 2/3, NodeJS (ES6+), Rust or GO
Ideally, you will…
- Have broad knowledge of full-stack development, server programming, databases, and cloud architectures.
- Construct small, readable, unit-tested microservices with high availability and reliability using TypeScript or Python, Rust or GO.
- Design messaging patterns between microservices using various messaging platforms/streaming platforms.
- Document design and implementation details and be comfortable explaining them to other engineers.
- Offer constructive feedback during code reviews as well as positively receiving and executing on the feedback offered by others.
- Work with Git and continuous integration systems.
- Be fluent in Linux/Ubuntu CLI tools.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent real world experience.
Technologies you may use:
- AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, RDS, IAM, Cloudfront, Firehose, etc
Lifesize is a leading provider of video communication hardware systems as well as cloud video services. Our award-winning solutions combine exceptional quality, well-executed user experience, and ease of administration to make video communications a productive, mission critical tool for our customers.
Lifesize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.