Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Front End Developer for an opportunity with our client in Minneapolis, MN!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Sr. Software Engineer will be a full-stack developer with a focus on SQL Server development tasks, working on the clients multi-platform code bases. You will be overseeing code produced by a team of developers for implementing new features, maintaining existing code, refactoring existing code, establishing and refining development standards across the breadth of products used both internally and customer facing.
As such you will assist with concerns ranging from code architecture and delivery, SQL queries, architecture recommendations and performance enhancements as it pertains to large sets of data for Reporting. Your experience and knowledge will help to drive student test taking platform to well perceived products that brings confidence and delight to students and teachers across districts in United Status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Code-review and working with a team of other developers
- Review and critique database code to ensure quality and recovery methods
- Collaborate with Architects in best practices for code implementation with code reviews prior to deployment from the development environments
- Work one-on-one and in small team groups to discuss and refine poorly performing code
- Develop code with database developers to streamline and support online content authoring and publishing capability that is needed to feed new and innovative items to students across nation.
- Develop clean code that utilizes proven design pattern in a test-driven development environment
- Enforce and adhere to the GitFLOW source control policies
Trouble-shooting and production support of client issues
- During live production activities respond to client support requests and customer service requests with solutions in collaboration with company architects
- Work with Infrastructure teams to trouble-shoot problem areas
- Provide clear and consistent communication around solutions and timelines to client-facing program management teams.
- Experience: 7+ years of software development using Microsoft T-SQL and supporting technologies
- Full-stack awareness from front-end to database design and development
- Exposure to at least one framework/library like bootstrap.js, foundation.js, angular.js, react.js
- Ability to write clean, standardized, and code that performs optimally in highly concurrent environments.
- Experience with “Sr. Software Engineer” responsibilities across internal development team, experience with offshore development teams a plus.
- Ability to consume and create APIs and web services using REST as product lines grow.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile development and familiarity with scrum
- Experience with contribution to public open source front end development code base is a plus
- Familiarity with other web technologies and program languages a plus: PHP, MVC.
- Experience with cloud migrations and cloud native applications.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.