Are you motivated by the customer mission? Do you bring smart, strategic approaches to the table? Here at VMD, we understand the mission and work side by side with customers to articulate a vision for success, and then make it happen. We know success doesn’t happen by accident. It takes the right team of people, working together on the right solutions for the customer. Our team is one of the best in the business. Are you ready to join us?
VMD fosters a culture that is made up of three core components: Talent | Commitment | Trust
VMD has an exciting opportunity for you to join as a Senior Software Engineer (.Net) working in our Arlington, VA office. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Leverage your passion to develop strong, functional, and efficient code across various platforms.
- Work on highly talented Agile team(s) to define architecture, design, build and implement solutions, and support development of public-facing web applications.
- Provide technical knowledge, analysis, and troubleshooting of database applications and their production environments.
- Consult with customer and external contract teams to meet program and release goals.
- 10 years hands-on experience with the below technologies, tools, and platforms:
- Framework(s): ASP.NET, .Net 4, Entity
- Front-end Development: ASP.NET, Bootstrap, AngularJS, MVC, AJAX, Web Services, Kendo
- Database(s): Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, SQLPlus, Toad
- Platform/Tools: Visual Studio, TFS, IIS, Windows Server, HTTPS, CLM, GitLab, Selenium
- Strong Agile, SDLC, and development process experience
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Specific Field of Study or Degree (if any): Computer Science or related
Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? Yes
Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 10
Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 10
Minimum Clearance to Start: Ability to obtain and maintain Interim Secret
Work Status Allowable: US Citizenship
Required Certification(s): None
Travel: Little (less than 10%)
Telecommute Options: Dependent upon tenure & performance, inclement weather / government closure. If good performance, might approve 1-2 days at customer discretion
Desired Certification(s): None
How do you know that you will succeed in this position with VMD?
- You are curious, inquisitive, and have demonstrated a constant eagerness to learn through actions.
- You have high attention to detail.
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
- You interact well with people and are a natural team player.
- You consistently meet deadlines and come prepared to offer solutions and contribute in meaningful ways.
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- Paid Holidays