The Network Engineering team at New Relic is looking for a senior network engineer to join a team of engineers who are chartered to deliver the network infrastructure that supports New Relic’s rapidly growing network needs.
We’re looking for a hardworking individual who can take ownership to drive the implementation of automated, observable, and scalable network solutions that span across multiple data centers. You have experience in growing and maintaining a production network, have outstanding team and communication skills, and have an interest in developing software solutions to help achieve team goals
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Design, manage, and maintain network infrastructure
- Design and implement solutions that incorporate automation and self sufficiency
- Develop monitoring and alerting systems
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Keep abreast of technology trends and standard methodologies
- Recommend new solutions and technologies
- Collaborate with team and others to share operational best practices
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Identify, develop, and execute plans to address reliability concerns
- 5+ years experience with IP networking fundamentals e.g. TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP
- Deep knowledge of routing protocols like BGP and OSPF
- Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing
- Experience working with switching and routing equipment; Arista, Juniper, and Cisco
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with modern container technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, DC/OS, Nomad)
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java, C++)
- Linux system administration experience
- Familiar with high throughput TLS termination and load balancing with software and hardware based platforms
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.