The Senior Software Engineer is a Node.js expert who will help to build our next generation of products and services while working closely with other talented engineers. The ideal candidate will be versatile and highly motivated with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork. A background in image and video systems is a plus, as is development experience in an iterative, Agile/SCRUM environment.
- As part of a small team, build and enhance image and video processing application software for the entertainment industry
- Work closely with QA, business analysts and customers to design and implement new feature requests
- As part of a team, implement large, complex enterprise software systems from the ground up
- Recommend new technologies, tools and standards to improve efficiency and productivity within the team
- Research, test, and implement new technologies to support the application architecture.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- 5+ years hands-on core Node development
- 5+ years using SQL and relational databases (Aurora, MySQL or Postgres database)
- Cloud based development (AWS or Azure)
- Experience building large, multi-tenant web based and/or client server applications
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Expert knowledge of OOD, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Experience with role and rule based security and authentication tools and best-practices preferred (Okta, LDAP, single sign-on, etc)
- Working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and best practices
- Experience using Ruby a plus
- BSCS or equivalent required, advanced degree a plus
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick time, 401K option, and more!