Software Acquisition Management Analyst
Privacy Act Statement for Job Announcement
The information requested is being collected to evaluate your qualifications and suitability for potential employment with the U.S. Army Ground Vehicles Systems Center (GVSC) pursuant to the hiring authorities specified in 5 U.S.C. 3301, 3304, 3320, 3361, 3393, 3394, and other associated statutes within Title 5, United States Code.
The information you provide may be used and disclosed to third parties as generally allowed by the Privacy Act of 1974, 5 U.S.C. 552a, as necessary to obtain additional information related to your qualifications and suitability for potential employment. It may also be disclosed pursuant to any of the routine uses identified in the OPM/GOVT-5 System of Records Notice, "Recruiting, Examining, and Placement Records."
Furnishing this information is voluntary; however, failure to provide the information requested may delay or prevent us from further considering you for potential employment with the U.S. Army Ground Vehicles Systems Center (GVSC).
Senior Software Engineer or Software Engineer III with GVSC’s Software Engineering Center, Department of Army, Warren, MI.
The U.S. Army Ground Vehicles Systems Center (GVSC) is a major element of Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) and partner in the Tank Automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC). As a full life-cycle engineering support provider-of-first-choice for all Department Of Defense (DoD) ground combat and tactical vehicles, weapons and support systems, GVSC develops and integrates the right technology solutions to improve Current Force effectiveness and provide superior capabilities for the Future Force. GVSC’s Software Engineering Center (SEC) provides software engineering and software life cycle management services to ground systems acquisition and technology development programs. GVSC’s Software Engineering Center is responsible for developing, acquiring, integrating, assessing, supporting and maintaining software products. For more information visit www.army.mil/gvsc.
Job Overview (Summary):
The Software Acquisition Management Analyst will have a hands-on role with the acquisition support of software for the Army’s current and future ground combat and tactical vehicles, weapons and support systems; and will require involvement in all stages of the development cycle.
- Develop annual department budget plan utilizing data from the organization’s project listing, outstanding Statements of Work (SOW), spend plans, and cost estimates.
- Manage the execution of department budgets and project spend plans.
- Assist engineers in the development of SOW’s, work break down structures, resource loaded scheduling, and required contract mechanisms.
- Utilize and maintain organizationally-developed specific reporting tools to provide and maintain project budgets.
- Develop, review, evaluate and make recommendations concerning acquisition documents, priorities, schedules, cost estimates, budgets, milestones and other program matters bearing on project/program assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Preferred Master of Business Administration (MBA) with course work related to managerial accounting and managerial finance.
- Prior demonstrated experience developing annual budgets.
- Prior demonstrated experience developing cost estimates at the component or system level.
- Must have experience working in a cross-functional team including engineers.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Familiarity with cost estimating techniques for software development and sustainment.
- Familiarity using Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar metrics for measuring project performance.
- Familiarity with SQL database management.
- Familiarity with GFEBS or SAP based enterprise resource planning system.
- Prior demonstrated experience developing annual department or project budgets.
- Familiarity with industry-standard process methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, CMMI, etc.)
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org@mail.mil