Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Portland, OR (PDX or Downtown Office)
About This Role:
The Senior Software Engineer as a member of the Linear API Team is responsible for building Comscore’s next generation data delivery platform. Our API is a driver of business growth by providing access to Comscore’s television ratings metrics for a broad range of clients and products. As a member of this small, fast moving team you’ll have large impact on the evolution and adoption of the API as well as on the success of our business.
What You’ll Do:
- Work within an agile team to develop new endpoints and enhancements to the Comscore Linear Television API
- Recommend and implement creative solutions for improving query response times for large data sets
- Increase scalability and maintainability to support rapid usage growth
- Collaborate openly with stakeholders and clients to continuously improve the product and increase adoption
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related area preferred, as well as 3 or more years of experience in software engineering or an equivalent combination
- The ability to take the lead and move large projects forward by providing accurate estimates, status updates and collaborating w/ teammates and stakeholders for input when necessary
- Experience in the design and development of web-based APIs
- Our API is written in Scala, so experience with functional languages like Scala or Haskell is preferred
- We are building everything in the cloud, so experience building, deploying and managing application in AWS is preferred
- Experience using Apache Spark is preferred
- Strong SQL skills nice to have
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) along with a track record of success delivering large software projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of commonly used software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.