Veritude is hiring a Senior Software Engineer - Quant Development at Fidelity Investments in Merrimack, NH.
Fidelity Asset Management Technology provides worldwide technology and support to all the Portfolio Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. Asset Management Technology is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enables the business to achieve competitive advantage globally.
Fidelity’s Fixed Income Technology team is looking to fill the position of Senior Software Engineer working in our quant technology team. As a member of our team, you will partner closely with quant analysts to develop a suite of models and services that support the Fixed Income Investment process.
- Develop new prototypes, pilots, and production applications using a variety of technologies, including C++, Oracle, Linux, Python, and Amazon Web Services.
- Design and develop complex enterprise applications.
- Rapidly develop enterprise software based on requirement documents, prototypes, or verbal requirements.
- Create and extend unit and automated test suites.
- Work across peer groups to resolve and understand complex technical/design issues.
- Work with quants to design, develop, maintain, and enhance new quant models, leveraging a variety of mathematically and quantitative libraries.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts, including in depth knowledge of Bonds and a strong understanding of mathematics.
Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and 5 plus years of professional experience
- Independent, results-oriented problem solver with a passion for software engineering
- Strong object-oriented programming skills, preferably C++ on Linux
- Experience in SQL development, preferably on Oracle
- Strong understanding of mathematics
- Great communication skills and natural collaborator, working closely with other technology teams and investment team users
- Fast learner and a great team player
- Familiarity with modern software development processes, experience working in an iterative agile development